Disapointed with KTC

/ Disapointed with KTC #11  
I cant say about the manual but only 1 key came with my NEW BX24. I would assume that being used you get whatever came with the machine in the trade kinda like a used car.

Any new tractor comes with manuals (of course) and two keys.

For freight on a parts order, it depends on how you order. With us, we don't charge inbound freight for stock or regular orders, however if its an emergency order, drop ship, etc... there are extra fee's charged by the OEM so they are passed along. It all depends on how urgent your need is.

If your not getting satisfaction at one dealer, take your tractor and your money to another (We're happy to help :thumbsup:). There are 1100+ Kubota dealers. Kubota corporate (and every other brand we represent) is not setup to provide front line support, especialy when it comes to concerns about older equipment. They are not totaly unresponsive, but when you email about things like a steering gearbox on a 10 year old tractor... I'm not sure what they would be doing for you?

/ Disapointed with KTC #12  
Was no rush order. I would have understood if it was a rush special order. Just went in and ordered said 3 days but turned out to be 3 weeks. Thanks for your insight. BTW I will be ordering from you as it does not benefit me to take time from work to drive 35 minutes each way to thier shop and still be charged the freight when I can have it shipped to my door for the same. Thanks for your honesty

/ Disapointed with KTC #13  
But not to highjack the thread I have a question for the dealers out there, If a customer comes into your shop and orders a part. Lets say its a boot for a mowing deck and its not in stock so you order it. Part comes in and lists for say 200.00. Now you charge the customer the 200.00 but do you also tack on the shipping costs that kubota charged you to get the part?? Just curious as one of my local dealers did that to me. I assumed that shipping to your office was part of the price of the part. Maybe I'm wrong but if this is standard practice why bother buying local if you still pay the shipping. I could buy from Messicks or Barlows still pay the shipping and never have to leave the office to go and pick it up (which apparently I will do now because I save nothing). Just curious.

I recently purchased arm rests for my BX24 from my local dealer and they arrived 3 days later. Written on the box was the price for freight and that cost was passed onto me, along with the cost of the arm rests and tax. I thought this wasn't right but I didn't say anything. I think I will order online from now on even though I like supporting my local dealer.

/ Disapointed with KTC #14  
Back to the original thread: How long ago did you write to KTC? I do know from experience that it can take awhile for a letter to work to the people who actually answer the customers. Just curious. Also, who is your current (not closed) local dealer?

/ Disapointed with KTC #15  
it was new well 1.7 hrs think they played/loaded etc. Neil lets just say not ALL dealers are like you (good)

Last edited:
   / Disapointed with KTC #16  
I, too, wrote KTC about a problem. For me it was tough just finding where to write (these are snail mail letters, I've found e-mails to be generally ineffective with other companies so passed them up with Kubota). I wound up sending 2, one to the regional office (Columbus, OH for me) the second to Torrance CA. I was referred to go to my dealer (in writing). My impression is that KTC does not want to deal with the consumers, and it almost looks to me that resolving a lot of problems comes out of dealer's pockets....which may explain some variation in the results we all have with problems. In my case, I kept getting nowhere, and also kept writing letters. I was finally "rewarded" with a phone call from a KTC regional manager that assured me my problem would be handled. In the meantime my Dealer also told me it would be fixed, he "finally got Kubota to admit to a mistake on their part" and apparently agreed to foot the bill. I am indeed disappointed with all this.

/ Disapointed with KTC #17  
I also had this problem with my B2410. Mine was built around year 2000 and I bought it used June/2006 with 275 hours on the meter and in perfect condition. I agree with the notion it should have been fixed for the previous owner through recall. There was no recall on this machine according to my local dealer. They call the fix for this problem an "option". Only last year on another Kubota related forum did I find the fix. The fix does appear to work. I did it at the end of last years mowing season so have little time with very long hard mowing and so far the grass hasn't started growing yet this year, but it does appear to have worked and my steering does not fade away like it had. I'll know better in about a month once our rainy season starts. I did get response to my email sent to Kubota but it was the typical "sorry we can't do anything on a 10 yr old machine" variety. When I voiced my displeasure in no uncertain terms, I did get a call from Dennis Hood who is handling response to this issue. He was willing to discuss it fully and offer advice, but not in free parts. I suppose if one really pushed the issue they could win, but it's easy enough to just make your own fix as I did pictured in the following post.

Btw...the email I received from Kubota was named "Customer Satisfaction". Not sure how satisfied they expect us to be when they deny the parts for free to fix their design problem. I wasn't even asking for labor, just the parts.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/...ransmission-power-steering-5.html#post2157098

/ Disapointed with KTC #19  
Neil: Going back to a prior ?. Besides being a dealer/absent dealer contact haha/finance how does a owner find out about the service bulletins??? Only because of this web site found out about new seat and got from carver/carter?? sponsor (think now outta bus bummer). Understand K's/dealer wanting 2 keep quiet for $ but you might want to mention to rep/dealer mtg (this fall??) 4 pr purpose. Auto people have web site. Basically did what ewe said took $ and walked elsewhere, problem is only 1 dealer in area (3+ together) next 1.5 hr drive 1 way. Want 2 open branch site in dsm ia??? Don't get me wrong happy with physical Trac just not dealer who wants 2 sell Bcat stuff regardless of state fair booth mho/ymmv.

PR

Neil we can always take offline and pm me realize not your spec problem but read about other comment maybe only 5-10% ***** so how many keep quiet. I live in land of JD and for $/what could get 4 $ went K

/ Disapointed with KTC #20  
i was once told by the owner of one of the largest car dealerships in central pa that a disatisfied customer no matter what the issue would cost them 15/20 sales as the customer would tell family/friends about his unsatisfactory experience and they would also tell family and friends what a piece of garbage the dealer/product was. Their attitude was the customer is pretty much always right-maybe thats how they got so big.