Disapointed with KTC

/ Disapointed with KTC #21  
Hi Jim Thanx didn't go into everything like scrweed up finance + more. Just wish neil/other dealers would MENTION 2 K about SOME dealers. They might have more horses than like me 1 lifetime buyer. See newer thread glad not just me like 5+ yrs ago.

PR

/ Disapointed with KTC #22  
I'm not taking Kubotas side on this issue, but I wouldn't expect them to do anything. The previous owner didn't push the issue when the tractor was newer, and it sounds like that was the dealers fault, which is now out of buisness. We need to understand that Kubota doesn't have a staff of mechanics they send out when people have a problem, its up to the dealers. It sounds like you know what you need to do to fix it, you will just have to pay the cost.

/ Disapointed with KTC #23  
I for one would think Bota would be all over something like steering going out? Depending on where and when it happens this could be a big safety problem and open them up to all kinds of legal problems if someone got hurt. Seeing how a lot of these tractors are used for rentals and true work tractors it looks like they would be all over this before some government group like OSHA got them

Just my 2 cents

/ Disapointed with KTC #24  
I for one would think Bota would be all over something like steering going out? Depending on where and when it happens this could be a big safety problem and open them up to all kinds of legal problems if someone got hurt. Seeing how a lot of these tractors are used for rentals and true work tractors it looks like they would be all over this before some government group like OSHA got them

Just my 2 cents

The US Product Safety Commission can take action in some cases...

Tractors are kind of a grey area because many are used for commercial purposes and many consumer protection laws specifically do not cover commercial applications...

/ Disapointed with KTC #25  
Sorry to possibly hijack but I think my issue fits in this category as well.. Bx24 2nd owner, bought from dealer with ~80Hrs, now at ~220, loader manifold leak, documented by ktc as poorly machined oring grooves, they won't replace after warranty period. Mine wasn't used enough by original owner to cause failure. Contacted local dealer, they said that ktc said no go, contacted ktc by phone, no go as well... $200 or so for parts is no big deal, it's the principal. This is my second and last ktc product.

/ Disapointed with KTC #26  
Besides being a dealer/absent dealer contact haha/finance how does a owner find out about the service bulletins???

its depends on the nature of the bulletin. Things like this power steering issue it would be 'fix as fails'... meaning that its only a problem on a small percentage of machines so we just fix those that don't work right. I've never heard of this problem myself.. so it should give you an idea of how common it is.

if its a more serious problem or safty related then a campain is run to fix all the machines. The selling dealer is responsible for seeing that their customers are handled. Kubota does track this and its held against you if your not doing your job. There are a handful of these a year, usually for things like a step bolts, seat mounts, switches, etc.

bottom line... if you have questions about service issues, just call a dealer and ask. Reality is that Kubota makes a product that requires very little attention and having these things crop up is very uncommon amoung the million + tractor that are in the US. My advice is to go run your machines, have fun, and not stress about it.

/ Disapointed with KTC
I appreciate the support and constructive commentary, really!

Let me say that KTC is not dealing with the "typical" SCUT/CUT owner here, I have been tearing apart and fixing anything that moves, floats or has oil in it for 40 years. Additionally I KNOW that KTC sees itself as a "manufacturer" only and expects the Dealers to handle "retail" operations (ie: Customers). I am a VERY sophisticated buyer of equipment, this concern is not from wear & tear, lack of maintenance, poor maintenance or abusive operation. In fact, the OP (original purchaser) took it to the dealer for it's services, it has had Kubota fluids and filters it's WHOLE LIFE and there is Kubota oil, hydro oil and an air filter in the shop NOW! The gentleman brought this concern to their attention and nothing was ever done.

I have asked TWO dealers about this and both essentially suggested there was either no problem or it was repairable with a hydro service. Neither of these are true and that's a fact.

As this is a DESIGN FLAW, or at least an oversignt, on the part of KTC and one that occurs with normal use and often early in life, KTC should bear *some* responsibility.

What was I expecting? A communication, acknowledging the concern and at the bear minimum a copy of the bulletin outlining the fix. So far, we have nothing.

What was I hoping for? A letter in the post acknowledging the concern and another to present to a dealer offering the kit at cost.

If KTC was *really* customer-centric, what do I believe they would have done? Provided a letter, followed up by a phone call (they have our home and my cell #) instructing me where to take our tractor to have it repaired with the parts provided by KTC - just as they have done for hundreds, if not thousands of others. Alternately, send me the kit and I will install it at the next major, which is due in 13 hours.

I will add that the experience with KTC is not at ALL like my previous experiences with Stihl, Ford or IH, all of whome responded promptly, even if the answer was no.

BTW, we are NOT taking our tractor to either of these two nearest ETx dealers for work, routine or otherwise. If they don't know about this concern, or won't be honest about it, they don't deserve our business.

PS: I will not mention names of the infamous, but for those of you in the Tyler area (Canton, Longview, Mineola, etc), stay EAST of 69, if you get my meaning. I will tell you that Bagley Tractor has been very truthful in all my dealing with them.

Last edited:
   / Disapointed with KTC #28  
When I read about things like this I feel for the people. In a perfect world Kubota (or whoever) would step up and fix it. In the real world you're dealing with someone who most likely doesn't know anything about what you're talking about. How many people sent letters to KTC asking for one thing or another to be done to their tractor.

So the person who got your letter would need to research the problem (yours may be real but how many are from people who want Kubota to replace their tractor because the steering wheel doesn't return to the same spot), see if there is a fix, then they would need to get a hold of the rep in your area so that person could get in contact with your local dealer. This is going to take time so they can't have the time to deal with every letter.

I'm not trying to take Kubota's side but before they are going to offer the parts at cost to repair something they would first they would need to go through all the steps I listed above. The other option is to rely on dealers with service departments to do the leg work and then go to their local rep and ask what KTC will do. Hence a good dealer is worth their weight in gold.

/ Disapointed with KTC
Everything you posted is true, but as I indicated earlier, I am a VERY spohisticated owner.

I KNOW how things work at KTC, Ford, Stihl etc, and others, let's just say if it was important to them we would have had some form of communication by now.

Major manufacturers have well established POLICIES and PROCEDURES to handle communications from their customers. I can assure everone that when a manufacturer gets a call, letter or e-mail and IF THEY CARE, the field staff is notified IMMEDIATELY. Furthermore the Mfgr EXPECTS the field staff to contact the owner at the very least, be it by phone, e-mail or post. Why? Because *most* dissatisfied people will not call, write or e-mail and IF a manufacturer CARES about their reputation, product quality and loyalty, they need to know when customers have problems. Warranty claims won't tell that story, not at all.

Please understand, none of that happens if the Mfgr. DOES NOT CARE. Let's state it another way, the more a Mfgr cares, the EASIER it is to contact "the rep", or get some call, letter, e-mail acknowledgement back from them.

Communicating with "the rep" does not mean you get your way and is not a license to tongue lash them, but it does communicate to the customer that at the very least the Manufacturer does CARE that the customer is not satisfied.