Ditch Digger

/ Ditch Digger #1  

woody

Veteran Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, Kubota ZG222, Kubota L45, 1980 Ford 1700
I told my kids get an education or you will end up digging ditches, well it turns out digging ditches pays pretty good. I decided I wanted to move my power to the house under ground and the utility company says that's fine but after he gave me a price with them digging the ditch verses me digging the the ditch I decided to dig it myself. Plus when I mentioned where the water line was and he told me I would have to remove a section of sidewalk he was really leaning towards me digging the ditch. So he lowered the price and supplied all the conduit and fittings and I became a ditch digger, I did hit the water line so I was a plumber for a while and I tunneled under the sidewalk then laid the 3" conduit and covered it all up making a muddy mess.

Conduit for service 2110 (5).jpg

Conduit for service 2110 (6).jpg

Conduit for service 2110 (24).jpg

/ Ditch Digger #2  
Good job!
Can do attitude has served me well all my life!

Mike

/ Ditch Digger #3  
I’m a part time ditch digger. It’s really a better job than they made it out to be in school. So are most blue collar jobs.
IMG_0687.JPG

/ Ditch Digger #4  
Is that the code depth for conduit in your area? Locally it’s only 24”.

/ Ditch Digger #6  
Nice job! (y)

Reminds me of many years ago I had a day off and was hand-digging a ditch to run power from my house to my garage. Had on my overalls and t-shirt. Got really dirty. About 3/4 of the way through it, I got called into work for an emergency. No time to clean up. So hopped in the truck. Ran into the building, into the department, resolved the problem, wished everyone well and went back home.

The next day I'm at work, the boss calls me into the office and tells me if I ever came into work dressed like that again he'd fire me. Quote "YOU LOOKED LIKE A DITCH DIGGER!".

I told him that yes, in fact, I was in the middle of digging a ditch on my day off when he (the boss) called me to come in to resolve a problem ASAP. :ROFLMAO: A fine discussion followed, along with a trip to the H.R. Department to clarify what ASAP means, and what activities I was not allowed to participate in when I was on call, seeing how I was on call 24/7/365. ;)

/ Ditch Digger #7  
I just got done with this ditch digging job today. I think people that look down on ditch diggers think we’re using a pick axe when in reality my mini x has heat and ac.
IMG_0806.JPG
IMG_0804.JPG

/ Ditch Digger
Is that the code depth for conduit in your area? Locally it’s only 24”.
The guy from the power company said 36" to the top of the conduit

/ Ditch Digger
I just got done with this ditch digging job today. I think people that look down on ditch diggers think we’re using a pick axe when in reality my mini x has heat and ac.
what was that for, the step down got me to thinking about the footing I dug for my shop.

/ Ditch Digger #10  
what was that for, the step down got me to thinking about the footing I dug for my shop.

It’s a house footer. That section is the front porch.