DIY Ratchet Rake

/ DIY Ratchet Rake #21  
I'd just paint it whatever you have plenty of. Sooner or later it gonna chip off completely from heavy use. :thumbsup:

/ DIY Ratchet Rake
Orange tractor... Orange bucket......paint her blue!! No No No paint it orange!!!! :laughing:
Like I said, Kubota orange is definitely a consideration, but kinda expensive to just rub in the dirt. :confused:

High Compression,
Great job! How did you know i wanted one? My bucket is kinda a blackish color, so black will be fine. You should recieve the paint in the mail shortly :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: . . .again great job .. .John

Hey thanks! Blackish??? So is it black or isn't it? :laughing: I'll be lookin for that paint. Are you offering to be a paint sponsor???:laughing::laughing::laughing:

/ DIY Ratchet Rake
I'd just paint it whatever you have plenty of. Sooner or later it gonna chip off completely from heavy use. :thumbsup:

Very true. That's kinda what I was thinkin. I have $8/can Kubota paint or $.97/can black Wal-Mart paint. I'm leanin toward Wally World paint. Or free paint from another TBN'r. :laughing:

/ DIY Ratchet Rake #24  
Great job on the Ratchet Rake!!!:thumbsup:

/ DIY Ratchet Rake #25  
Awsomeness! I am taking notes...

How hard would it be to pop off those blade bolts and put in anew perhaps, then weld RR-Charlie to the blade and re-attach? Buy a new straight blade so when you take Charlie off you can go back to normal?

OR

Remove blade and attach RR directly to those holes? (looses a lot of strength)

If that were feasable you could trash the straps and washers, all for the price of drilling some holes and some new bolts?

The Vine-Ripper on the ends is a great idea, if she holds...:) I predict your
going to want to leave the V that is pointing rearwards out, do not cut it, for reinforcement.

Do a u-tube! Great Job! Sub'd

BLACK

(ps, I hope I don't sound like a Monday morning quarterback...did you think about my suggestions? inquring minds what to know! )

/ DIY Ratchet Rake #26  
PAINT COLOR suggestion:

Paint it RUST COLORED so it will always look the same, even after heavy use. :)

/ DIY Ratchet Rake #28  
Is the ratchet rake better than a root rake? Or just more economical?

Nice job on your diy project.

/ DIY Ratchet Rake
Awsomeness! I am taking notes...

How hard would it be to pop off those blade bolts and put in anew perhaps, then weld RR-Charlie to the blade and re-attach? Buy a new straight blade so when you take Charlie off you can go back to normal?

OR

Remove blade and attach RR directly to those holes? (looses a lot of strength)

If that were feasable you could trash the straps and washers, all for the price of drilling some holes and some new bolts?

The Vine-Ripper on the ends is a great idea, if she holds...:) I predict your
going to want to leave the V that is pointing rearwards out, do not cut it, for reinforcement.

Do a u-tube! Great Job! Sub'd

BLACK

(ps, I hope I don't sound like a Monday morning quarterback...did you think about my suggestions? inquring minds what to know! )

Ya know, that thought crossed my mind, but two straps are way easier and quicker to attach and remove with no tools than 7 bolts that need an impact. I toyed with the idea of a quick pin on version versus straps, but haven't gotten anywhere yet. I'll let you know if I come up with a better way to attach it.:D You tube ain't a bad idea. Next job I have to use it, I'll try to video.:thumbsup: