Do liquid fill tire expand?

/ Do liquid fill tire expand? #51  
drc343 and Baby Grands will be an easy thing to check, but Gary beat me to it about putting the pin in part way first. Even if you have to put it all the way in until you get close, ie past the fattest part of the tire, then pull it out to get it to clear. It may mean another time off and on the tractor, but if you want it to go that way, it may work.

Keep an eye out on craigslist for an engine hoist. They are handy for a lot more things than you may think and you could have remounted your wheels by now.

Good luck with it, Jim

/ Do liquid fill tire expand? #52  
Then I can only say that you had been inserting the pins angled in the opposite direction and the curvature of the tire on part toward the axle gave you room to make the installation from the outside.

You are trying to insert pins away from axle. Insert pins closer to axle. Inserting from axle side closer to rim not tire into outside hole should work.

I was wondering the same thing. Looks like the tire's cross section is narrower, at rhe radius from the axle where the pin goes.

Rather than tryng to get the pin into the hole from the tread side of the tire, try it from the bead side.

drc343 and Baby Grands will be an easy thing to check, but Gary beat me to it about putting the pin in part way first. Even if you have to put it all the way in until you get close, ie past the fattest part of the tire, then pull it out to get it to clear. It may mean another time off and on the tractor, but if you want it to go that way, it may work.

Keep an eye out on craigslist for an engine hoist. They are handy for a lot more things than you may think and you could have remounted your wheels by now.

Good luck with it, Jim
They who say it later say it first.

/ Do liquid fill tire expand? #54  
Just like there is more than one way to skin a cat, there is more than one way to say the same thing. Full credit to Spyderlk for pole position.

/ Do liquid fill tire expand?
I'm grateful for all the responses but there is no angling these pins in. I posted pics back on post #29. The lift arms really have nothing to do with the pins except that they are used to lift the frame attached to the backhoe so that it aligns with the frame attached to the tractor. For lack of a better description, the attachment point on the tractor is fixed (doesn't move) and is "male". The attachment point on the backhoe is "U" shaped ("female") and is lifted into alignment by raising the entire backhoe frame with the lift arms. I might be able to start the pin into the backhoe frame before lifting it into position and inserting it completely when in position. This would gain me the width of one side of the "U" (maybe 1/2" at best). The problem would then be removing it later. I obviously would not have the space to get it out. I could end up in the position of having to remove the wheel in order to get my backhoe off. Remounting the wheels is my best bet, with the easiest fix being to keep inserting the pins from the inside and secured with a bolt and nylon nut instead of a simple snap pin. I'm not very good at explaining things but if you look at my pics in post #29 I think you'll see what I mean. Thanks again for all the advice.

/ Do liquid fill tire expand? #56  
So we are stuck with magic as the explanation. :confused3:

/ Do liquid fill tire expand?
Well, lets try this explanation on for size. How about my CRS is acting up again and the tractor was actually delivered with the pins on the inside and I didn't notice. When I went to put it back on 6 weeks later I read the manual to refresh my recollection and "remembered" that my dealer delivered it as per the manual. My consternation/frustration at not being able to install the pin correctly caused a massive brain fart which led me to not consider that my dealer delivered it "wrong" because they didn't take the time to remount the wheels when they couldn't get it pinned correctly. Not magic, I just can't remember sh%%. That, and I trusted my dealer (silly me). If the pins can't be inserted from the outside (and they can't), and it is impossible for the tires to have expanded (and it apparently is), and it isn't magic (which it probably isn't), I can't think of another explanation. The solution still remains remounting the wheels or living with the pins on the inside.

/ Do liquid fill tire expand? #58  
CRS huh - it happens to the best of us!!! LOL
Thanks for giving up the update

/ Do liquid fill tire expand? #59  
You could rent an engine hoist for a day for not very much. Then you wouldn't have it laying around taking up space.

/ Do liquid fill tire expand? #60  
I think your most recent theory makes the most sense.

In regards to changing the tire position, if you have a decent garage and a couple of specific tools, you should be able to do it yourself. I mounted one of the loaded tires on my Ford 3000, smaller than yours but the same method should work. Especially since you don’t really have to move it much. I put a piece of heavy pipe in the rafters, attached a pulley to it, and then used the winch on my Ranger to keep the tire upright. If you have to move it, I put one of those cheap frames with casters from TSC under the tire. I had a buddy there with me, just in case. But from trailer to mounted only took a few minutes.