Do you drink your coffee black??

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #131  
Maybe I am too simple but I heat water in the microwave to boiling and pour it through coffee grounds in a cone filter, 1 cup at a time. But I only drink one or two cups a day.

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #132  
Rick - you think banning my coffee will solve the problem. Have you ever dealt with a psychotic wild man who's been denied his morning coffee - aint pretty. :confused2: :cool2:[/

We would probably make an exemption or 2 with the banning, let's see commercial fisherfolk, leo's, medical professionals, truck drivers, armed forces, and of course crotchety old farts, that ought to do it;)

Would I qualify for three exemptions? Former military, retired long haul truck driver and presently a crotchety OLD fart?
There are times that my caffeine system gets diluted with blood causing headaches.
Smilinjak

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #133  
Uncle Sam taught me to drink coffee. When I arrived at my first duty assignment that was the first task mastered. I drink it any way I can get it.

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #134  
Just can't resist...I like my coffee HOT, RICH and FULL BODIED. I feel better now.

BTW, while drinking my coffee, I'm sometimes watching TV. My favorite movies now are about Alaska. Just watched an amazing movie "Building of ALCAN Highway" within WW2. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #135  
BTW, while drinking my coffee, I'm sometimes watching TV. My favorite movies now are about Alaska. Just watched an amazing movie "Building of ALCAN Highway" within WW2. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

The building of the ALCAN was an amazing feat. Mountains, swamps, muskeg, permafrost, extreme cold and killer mosquitoes. Those men were tough!

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #136  

The company I work for worked on 2 sections of that highway. Way before I was even a gleam in my Daddies eye.

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #137  
You guys are right. And all these challenges are shown in that movie.
Never experienced anything like that, but I can imagine how hard it was. Now I am sometimes discipline myself by asking: is it hard? Hey wait, but how these men worked on the ALCAN road?!

It's also interesting, that the companies, which were hired for road construction in those days, still exist and prosper today!

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #138  
How about the asphalt roads in Alaska and North Canada because of permafrost? Does it need to fix them often? Or does special technology exist, which helps to keep them in good condition?

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #139  
Canada knows how to build and maintain their roads and the Canadian portion of the ALCAN is great. Alaska, not so much. To many highway engineers with hairbrained ideas that never work. Poor asphalt emulsions that they continue to buy year after year even though they know they don't work. Alaska roads Suck!

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #140  
Canada knows how to build and maintain their roads and the Canadian portion of the ALCAN is great. Alaska, not so much. To many highway engineers with hairbrained ideas that never work. Poor asphalt emulsions that they continue to buy year after year even though they know they don't work. Alaska roads Suck!

Maybe it's too much to ask, but I'd like to see some pics or vids from around you to enjoy, while drinking some tea (not coffee, because it's late, 9:47 pm at my location).