Do you drink your coffee black??

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #111  
Rick - you think banning my coffee will solve the problem. Have you ever dealt with a psychotic wild man who's been denied his morning coffee - aint pretty. :confused2: :cool2:[/

We would probably make an exemption or 2 with the banning, let's see commercial fisherfolk, leo's, medical professionals, truck drivers, armed forces, and of course crotchety old farts, that ought to do it;)

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #112  
I resemble that remark "crotchety old fart". Leave my coffee alone!

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #113  
Hard to say what these Austrian researchers are talking about, but: our usual breakfast is the 1st not strong coffee with condensed sweet milk and a couple of sandwiches of white (sometimes black) bread with butter and cheese and/or smoked pieces of handmade sausage/ham (not from supermaket!!!) on the top; I'm not eating lunch, just taking some sweet buns with a tea of the greens from my field, ex. thyme, in the late afternoon.

To make myself a psychopath I drink some 2 or 3 more cups of strong sweet coffee between breakfast and late lunch (or supper). But my neighbors, who we sometimes drink some beer with, never told me I have the "exhibit psychopathic tendencies". We just love each other. If these researchers of Insbruck University think otherwise, no problem. Just guess they are researching the mentality of terrorists. It's OK. But I think once up on a time a government of a certain country may say: you guys are wasting your time and money for nothing. Meanwhile let them do their job. :)

Last edited:
   / Do you drink your coffee black?? #114  
Hard to say what those Austrian researchers are talking about, but: our usual breakfast is the 1st not strong coffee with condensed sweet milk and a couple of sandwiches of white (sometimes black) bread with butter and cheese and/or smoked pieces of handmade sausage/ham (not from supermaket!!!) on the top; I'm not eating lunch, just taking some sweet buns with a tea of the greens from my field, ex. thyme, in the late afternoon.

To make myself a psychopath I drink some 2 or 3 more cups of strong sweet coffee between breakfast and late lunch (or supper). But my neighbors, who we sometimes drink some beer with, never told me I have the "exhibit psychopathic tendencies". We just love each other. If those researchers of Insbruck University think otherwise, no problem. Let them do their job. :)

Sounds like a very peaceful life. Kudos

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #115  
   / Do you drink your coffee black?? #116  
Actually not completely. But it's another side of coin - political :)

Sounds like a self sustaining, farm type life. I just normally associate farm life as being peaceful (extremely hard work, but peaceful). I could be wrong.

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #117  
Sounds like a self sustaining, farm type life. I just normally associate farm life as being peaceful (extremely hard work, but peaceful). I could be wrong.

From this (your) point of view it's true and we love this type of life. But, OTOH, we don't want to be too far from the events around the world. :)

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #118  
From this (your) point of view it's true and we love this type of life. But, OTOH, we don't want to be too far from the events around the world. :)
With all the crime and unrest in the world right now, I am very happy to be living in the Boonies. I wish I had a green thumb and could live a subsistence lifestyle but I can't...was born without farmer genes and no aptitude to learn. I envy you and all farmer/ranchers that can and do!

/ Do you drink your coffee black?? #119  
With all the crime and unrest in the world right now, I am very happy to be living in the Boonies. I wish I had a green thumb and could live a subsistence lifestyle but I can't...was born without farmer genes and no aptitude to learn. I envy you and all farmer/ranchers that can and do!

I've never been living or working hard in a farm some 10 years ago. I was born in a city, have got an education and have had jobs which had nothing common with a farm life. I don't think I have much farmer genes too. Never even been thinking about the rural life. Now I love it. We ask ourselves too, how could it happen. We don't understand, we have no answer, but it happened. :confused3:

/ Do you drink your coffee black??
Doofy - perhaps you are fortunate. Having strong farmer genes would not go too well with where you now live. The year the wife & I lived there - it was in a small log cabin, up the Copper close to Gulkana and the airport. Around this time of year, Thanksgiving, it finally hit us - we were no longer in Kansas. The day time temps were not going to be above freezing for a LONG time and we, hopefully, had sufficient dry goods in storage for a long winter. I can still picture the three of us - me, wife & Siberian husky - holed up in the cabin sitting around the oil fired stove - it was -35F outside.

Drank a whole LOT of black coffee that winter. All three of us were glad to move down to the "banana belt - Anchorage" the following year.