Do you know what the purple paint law is?

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #272  
Yeah, I'm not complaining (much) either. Last summer was very dry and I'm glad the groundwater is back to normal. We only have a shallow well, and if the level had gone down another 2" we would have been out of water. On a positive note, last summer was a good opportunity to clean out the well, it had been about 15 years and silt was starting to build up again.
How shallow is your well, and how did you clean out? Just curious.

All the best,

Peter

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #273  
Back on topic here. :)

As for purple paint, IL passed this back in 2011. It's not just No Trespass on the property, it also includes that people who do come on the land, get injured or their property gets damaged, the property owner is not at fault. So, snowmobiles, ATVs and other people cutting across some back fields can not lay claim to you, your insurance company, nor place a lien on your property.

Due to wintertime with limited hours of sunlight and drunken snowmobile riders, the law states the purple paint on the Tee-post shall be florescent.

1627060477454.png

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #275  

As for purple paint, IL passed this back in 2011. It's not just No Trespass on the property, it also includes that people who do come on the land, get injured or their property gets damaged, the property owner is not at fault. So, snowmobiles, ATVs and other people cutting across some back fields can not lay claim to you, your insurance company, nor place a lien on your property.

Due to wintertime with limited hours of sunlight and drunken snowmobile riders, the law states the purple paint on the Tee-post shall be florescent.

View attachment 706859
so how does pink become purple?

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #276  

View attachment 706859
Many states have passed some type of landowner protection law. I posted a link to Maine's earlier in this thread. Often they don't apply when you start charging for access though.

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #277  
so how does pink become purple?

ZOINKS. HD had them listed in alphabet order. I thought I hit the purple one. LOL

homedepot.com/p/Rust-Oleum-Industrial-Choice-17-oz-M1600-System-Precision-Line-Solvent-Based-Fluorescent-Purple-Inverted-Marking-Spray-Paint-1669838/203488981

1627089562106.png

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #278  
I was disqualified from a magnetic bridge crane operator job in a steel warehouse because of cheap spray paint cans like that.

It doesn't say anywhere on the can what color of paint is inside it.

There were about a dozen different colors of paint for various types of steel and the crane operator had to see the colors from the cab which was about 25 feet high.

To my eyes, in a poorly lit warehouse, the dozen colors were narrowed down to about 3.

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #279  
I was disqualified from a magnetic bridge crane operator job in a steel warehouse because of cheap spray paint cans like that.

It doesn't say anywhere on the can what color of paint is inside it.

There were about a dozen different colors of paint for various types of steel and the crane operator had to see the colors from the cab which was about 25 feet high.

To my eyes, in a poorly lit warehouse, the dozen colors were narrowed down to about 3.
funny you say that. there is a vision test given to men and women. on a sheet of paper painted red, most men see 2 distinct shades of red. women see 6 or 7 shades....or something like that.

/ Do you know what the purple paint law is? #280  
The unfortunate thing about ignorant people that write these stories don't mention where the slimeball is actually from...
...Anyone care to take a guess what northern state the guy might be from ??
Nobody cares to take a guess, you will have to tell us.