Dog Bite, New Problems

/ Dog Bite, New Problems
Clarification.

Daughter talked to the mother this morning. Well, she talks to her three or four times a day. They teach together and are best friends. They are putting a 'wound vacuum' on the leg. Don't know exactly what that is but a lady in our neighborhood with diabetes had to have one on a place on her leg that wouldn't heal.

Also the people at the wound clinic said that the insurance would SOMETIMES take up to fifteen days to approve the machine. I don't have any idea about how their insurance has handled it. I haven't talked to the mother since last Saturday so once again everything is second or third hand info.

Daughter was shown a picture of the girl's leg right after they got to hospital. Said it looked like the pictures you see when a grizzly bear claws something, four long wound channels. The femur was visible.

The wound did not bleed. And Malley never cried. At least until they gave her the rabies shots which went straight in to the wounds. I thought they went into the stomach but that is not true.

RSKY

/ Dog Bite, New Problems #12  
Terrible setback for an innocent child already suffering from one ordeal.

Insurance companies have their own rules.

We will continue to keep her and family in our prayers.

/ Dog Bite, New Problems #13  
The brave little girl will be in our prayers.

We lost my little sis to an aggressive staph infection in her leg after a severe traffic accident. She was flown from a rural road to a hospital where two teams of surgeons worked on her leg and head simultaneously to try to save her life. She survived but in a coma for almost a year and the infection would cause her temps to rise, returning her to the ICU and setting back the small signs of recovery until finally we had to let her go. They used all sorts of ways to fight the infection including putting antibiotic pebbles into her bone, but in the end her body was not able to fight it off and she could not consciously fight it due to her coma. That was 20 years ago.

I myself was hospitalized w/ an aggressive infection in the skin on my knee after bumping it at work. They were able to kill it off using penicillin even though I was allergic to it, I was able to abide it and the infection was eliminated and only had a not too serious reaction after three weeks of the stuff. Doc said if I had ignored it for 24 hours they would likely had to have taken the leg.

/ Dog Bite, New Problems #14  
Thank heavens she's getting treatment.. Prayer sent for the young lady!

/ Dog Bite, New Problems #15  
Our thoughts and prayers for the little girl and her family. It痴 good to know the mom took her in as soon as she suspected something. May her recovery be swift and complete.

/ Dog Bite, New Problems #16  
Very sad for the family.
There have been a couple of nasty dog attacks in Australia recently resulting in death and serious injury to others trying to stop the dogs. The last 2 were American Pit Bulls. One suddenly turned on his owner who loved the dog dearly. Very shocking and sad.

/ Dog Bite, New Problems #17  
Very sad to hear and prayers for her.

Any aggressive dog on my property will be shot immediately. There will not be a second chance. If I am walking on state land....same outcome.

One advantage of living on 20 acres backing onto 4000+ acres of state land, with the closest neighbor 3/4 miles away and the closest dog owner 2 miles away. There should not be a dog near me, but if there is, it better be a "good" doggy if it wants to live.

I had friends who lost their dog when a farmer who shot it. They let the dog run free and were very upset when the farmer killed it. That dog loved them to death, but they could not know what mischief their little buddy may have got into on his own. If you own a dog, control it and keep it on your property. If it gets shot, it is your fault.

/ Dog Bite, New Problems #18  
Very sad to hear and prayers for her.

Any aggressive dog on my property will be shot immediately. There will not be a second chance. If I am walking on state land....same outcome.

One advantage of living on 20 acres backing onto 4000+ acres of state land, with the closest neighbor 3/4 miles away and the closest dog owner 2 miles away. There should not be a dog near me, but if there is, it better be a "good" doggy if it wants to live.

I had friends who lost their dog when a farmer who shot it. They let the dog run free and were very upset when the farmer killed it. That dog loved them to death, but they could not know what mischief their little buddy may have got into on his own. If you own a dog, control it and keep it on your property. If it gets shot, it is your fault.

Yep, I agree.

/ Dog Bite, New Problems #19  

1 - "Aggressive dog" can be a subjective term. Is the dog barking at you, standing "it's ground" aggressive?
2 - If you're walking on state game land and you shoot a dog and the owner is near, I'd have no qualms if the dog's owner was in fear for their life and nueturalized you.

Point being, when you're off YOUR property, you can not hold a strange dog to the same standards to which you consider it "agressive" and shoot it without running a higher chance of repercussion.

On your property, do what you want and don't say anything. Off your property, you WILL be held to a higher standard, worst case, by the law.

Don't be stupid.

/ Dog Bite, New Problems #20  
1 - "Aggressive dog" can be a subjective term. Is the dog barking at you, standing "it's ground" aggressive?
2 - If you're walking on state game land and you shoot a dog and the owner is near, I'd have no qualms if the dog's owner was in fear for their life and nueturalized you.

Point being, when you're off YOUR property, you can not hold a strange dog to the same standards to which you consider it "agressive" and shoot it without running a higher chance of repercussion.

On your property, do what you want and don't say anything. Off your property, you WILL be held to a higher standard, worst case, by the law.

Don't be stupid.

Are you saying it's alright to kill a human because they killed a dog?