Dog pics

/ Dog pics #692  
Fred: The puppy pic is soooo cute!

Boondox: With a traveling companion like that, what more could you want? Loved the pic!

/ Dog pics #695  
Another shot of Hazel when she was about 9 or 10 weeks old.
Fred,
I don't know how I missed that yesterday...although I've never owned a Dachshund, I'm compelled to tell you that, that is an outstanding picture.
Very good, I'm sure you will treasure that for all of your years.

After 14 years, I lost 2 of my closest companions in April. The grief seems insurmountable at times, but that picture makes me realize how lucky I was to have had dogs like that, for all that time. I was truly blessed.
Thanks for posting
RB

/ Dog pics #696  
Robert; I am so very sorry for your loss. It is bad enough to lose one, but to lose 2 close together is more than heartbreaking. I have no words of comfort, but you do have my sympathy and understanding.

/ Dog pics #697  
Robert,
Very sorry for your loss. Oscar, our Dachshund of 15 years, passed away last June. It was tough to deal with. They really become part of the family.

/ Dog pics #698  
Fred Z , Sorry to hear of your Oscar passing, 15 years is quit allot of time, I know they'll never be a replacement, Our Oscar is close to 14 actually will be in October, he lost his hearing about 8 months ago, the vet said he may have developed ( Cushing's disease ) we lost our 11 year old girl last year to Cushings disease, she got it in her body glands and suffer with it for about 6 months, It was difficult to watch her deteriorate but couldn't bring ourself to but her down,
Oscar has it in his brain thus why it effect his hearing,
about 5 years ago we lost Odie Sr. I said I'd not get another, it took me 2 years to get over him enough to let my wife talk me into getting Little Odie, Little odie will be 3 next month and still doesn't measure up to Odie Sr. However none the less is still my truck buddy,
You'll see;)

/ Dog pics #699  
deepNdirt;

I am not sure that I understand your post about Cushing's. Since it is a common issue in Beagles, I have done a good bit of research on it. Cushing's is too much cortisol (natural steroid) in the body, due to an overproduction by the adrenal glands. It is manageable, and is usually not something that is fatal. What owners usually notice first, is a ravenous appetite, (of course, with Beagles, how can you tell?), and an increase in water consupmtion, therefore more trips needed outside to pee. Yes, the disease can make the dog look unthrifty, and I'm sure being hungry, thirsty and needing to pee all of the time isn't fun, but it isn't fatal.

If Oscar, truly has Cushing's, ask your vet about ways to manage it. There are several different ways, and I expect your vet will know which is best for you and Oscar.

As far as Little Odie; I am always saying that it takes about 6 years for them to actually become the dogs they will be. I am glad that he is your truck buddy! It is never the same as the ones that we lost, but each is endearing in their own way.

/ Dog pics #700  
Robert sorry for your loss. I lost 2 a week apart last year, I still miss them.

Sent from my iPad using TractorByNet