Dog pics

/ Dog pics #1,791  
1485486069745.jpg1485486098733.jpg1485486198533.jpg1485486241735.jpg

/ Dog pics #1,792  
   / Dog pics #1,793  

And Tulliver with his happy face after I told him we were riding the sidecar to the Rockies this summer!

That is a great photo. You take 500 and wind up with one priceless one like that. Says everything you need to know about the dog, the owner and the accommodations. Lots of good photos lately and this is one of many standouts.

/ Dog pics #1,794  
Waiting for Christmas dog bones and admiring their Christmas scarves.

IMG_5839.JPG

/ Dog pics #1,796  
Well here is my new 30 lb short haired rescue border collie in the kitchen. Day 1 after a bath. Very, very nervous, but that is understandable given she was pulled from a dog hoarding situation in a raid, adopted out twice, then turned over unwanted to the pound, then (fortunately) went to a rescue lady with 10 dogs in a mobile home which is where I got her.. She was like a dream in the bathtub getting all the dirt and old hair off of her. Very sweet.

Attachments

• image-3265553519.jpg
    image-3265553519.jpg
    466 KB · Views: 113
  • image-1473293852.jpg
    image-1473293852.jpg
    379.7 KB · Views: 91
  • image-1041609240.jpg
    image-1041609240.jpg
    400 KB · Views: 94
Last edited:
   / Dog pics #1,797  
Well here is my new 30 lb short haired rescue border collie in the kitchen. Day 1 after a bath. Very, very nervous, but that is understandable given she was pulled from a dog hoarding situation in a raid, adopted out twice, then turned over unwanted to the pound, then (fortunately) went to a rescue lady with 10 dogs in a mobile home which is where I got her.. She was like a dream in the bathtub getting all the dirt and old hair off of her. Very sweet.

They take a while to calm down but will be forever loyal. My one rescue dog has gone from the most nervous to "either-take-me-with-you-or-hurry-back-because-I-will-miss-you" kind of thing. He is now the sweetest dog ever. Maybe get yours a beeper collar that you can vibrate to send a message if he runs too far but keep an eye on him. Border collies like to run free--and wide-- if they can. They need some time to know what you want them to do.

/ Dog pics #1,798  
They take a while to calm down but will be forever loyal. My one rescue dog has gone from the most nervous to "either-take-me-with-you-or-hurry-back-because-I-will-miss-you" kind of thing. He is now the sweetest dog ever. Maybe get yours a beeper collar that you can vibrate to send a message if he runs too far but keep an eye on him. Border collies like to run free--and wide-- if they can. They need some time to know what you want them to do.

Well day 2 was better than day 1 with the little border collie. No peeing on the floor today when I went to leash her up, but she still cowers in the corner and immediately dives for a bed or back into her crate at every opportunity. I'm not one to crate but the rescue lady recommended it and in this case I think she was right. Piecing the dates together from the rescue Facebook page I am now thinking she is 2 years old and between the dog hoarding and the rescue lady and judging by her actions, I am figuring she has spent the most of her 2 years crated up. Very sad.

I think it will take a little longer than I thought but I think she will be a great dog. I curled her up in my lap while I sat on the floor and clipped her nails today. I am not used to a dog that doesn't mind its nails being clipped. She wanted to stay in my lap when I finished, very sweet dog. Her appointment at the vet is Wednesday, I may be pealing her off the walls after that visit as fraidy cat as she is.

Attachments

• image-2511257403.jpg
    image-2511257403.jpg
    537.9 KB · Views: 91
   / Dog pics #1,799  
Well day 2 was better than day 1 with the little border collie. No peeing on the floor today when I went to leash her up, but she still cowers in the corner and immediately dives for a bed or back into her crate at every opportunity. I'm not one to crate but the rescue lady recommended it and in this case I think she was right. Piecing the dates together from the rescue Facebook page I am now thinking she is 2 years old and between the dog hoarding and the rescue lady and judging by her actions, I am figuring she has spent the most of her 2 years crated up. Very sad.

I think it will take a little longer than I thought but I think she will be a great dog. I curled her up in my lap while I sat on the floor and clipped her nails today. I am not used to a dog that doesn't mind its nails being clipped. She wanted to stay in my lap when I finished, very sweet dog. Her appointment at the vet is Wednesday, I may be pealing her off the walls after that visit as fraidy cat as she is.

I'll be hoping the vet trip goes well for both of you! I'm sure she will come out of it and be a great companion!

/ Dog pics #1,800  
I now believe that people who adopt dogs and put the time in to save them are guaranteed a ticket to heaven. Plus, they get the most loyal dog they could ever want.