Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union #152  
Hahahaha,, they won't check you at $999 either. hahaha

Yep, it's $9999. Anything $10,000 and up they have to report.

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union
I've never had a reason to withdraw more than about $500 in my entire life. 😛 And I think that's just if we want cash on vacation.

All larger purchases are either credit card, debit card, personal check, or cashier's check, then paid off before interest is due.

Antique car parts are often cash at automotive swap meets... sometimes it is a meetup to pickup arranged items...

Those casual sales of mint 32 Ford Fenders, etc get expensive fast.

You might be surprised how many have no traditional banking relationship when renting to students...

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union #156  
For the past couple of years my wife and I have noticed at flea markets, small shops, etc., pretty much every vendor has a credit card reader on their smart phone. There's 1 restaurant that we go to in Pittsburgh when we visit one of our kids that only takes cash. And there's a few street vendors as well. My guess is even though they say it's because credit transactions cost them money, it's really to keep the numbers off the books so that they can cheat on their taxes.

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union
The big meet here is Turlock and it's once a year... for a lot of the guys going it's their one event either clearing out the garage or looking for an elusive part...

The State Board of Equalization sets up and hands out reporting forms at least the last time I was there as California Sales tax due on casual sale of parts... cars are picked up at DMV at time of registration.

When I bought/sold cars I like to meet at DMV office after Bank Lobby...

Title issues can make a car tainted to the point it's not worth it...

When I bought the one owner 1996 F150 from estate it had sat 3 years in carport... the elderly owner had a stroke and was not able to smog it ann never did recover.... it passed smog fine but almost 1500 in DMV back fees and penalties due even though it had not been moved.

Same for an old BMW... the penalties for just parking a vehicle in your garage and letting registration lapse can be many thousands of dollars in California.

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union #158  
I don’t care if they report it. I had a business Moving a lot of money thru account. Never had any issues, however I did not do many cash jobs thru business cause I didn’t want to deal with cash sales. I also have received 2 large inheritances so have a lot of money. No one can tell me I can’t spend my money. In all these years filling out the fed disclosures has never caused any issues.

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union #159  
Some Amish stores around here will only take cash.

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union #160  
In my wifes business when we go to shows, we will take cash or credit same cost to customer. Yes the credit does cost us a little bit, but I would much rather do the credit transactions as it is much smoother and quicker, and the customer can easily have a receipt either emailed to texted to them if they want it. And I don't have to worry as much about a big fat cash box. I am much happier with the credit card being proffered than the bill. The majority of customers are too. Not to mention I will often try an "upsell" during the transaction and the is much easier to do to a customer that is offering a card vs. cash. "I would be happy to give you two of those for just a $$ more" Will often result in an upsale with a credit card customer and rarely with a cash customer because they may not have the money. If people think they are getting a "good deal" and they often are, they will happily buy all day. Everyone is happy.