Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union #161  
I take cash, checks or credit at same price. Don’t worry about charges associated with cc transactions, as there all Calculated into my costs anyways.
I use a program called Joist to handle all my sales. All products I sell have built in markups like any store does. The cost of credit sales are figured into that anyways. But I can offer a cash discount, but rarely do as cash is mor3 difficult to deal with

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union #162  
The big meet here is Turlock and it's once a year... for a lot of the guys going it's their one event either clearing out the garage or looking for an elusive part...

The State Board of Equalization sets up and hands out reporting forms at least the last time I was there as California Sales tax due on casual sale of parts... cars are picked up at DMV at time of registration.

When I bought/sold cars I like to meet at DMV office after Bank Lobby...

Title issues can make a car tainted to the point it's not worth it...

When I bought the one owner 1996 F150 from estate it had sat 3 years in carport... the elderly owner had a stroke and was not able to smog it ann never did recover.... it passed smog fine but almost 1500 in DMV back fees and penalties due even though it had not been moved.

Same for an old BMW... the penalties for just parking a vehicle in your garage and letting registration lapse can be many thousands of dollars in California.
Not at all surprising!
Only in California!

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union
In my wifes business when we go to shows, we will take cash or credit same cost to customer. Yes the credit does cost us a little bit, but I would much rather do the credit transactions as it is much smoother and quicker, and the customer can easily have a receipt either emailed to texted to them if they want it. And I don't have to worry as much about a big fat cash box. I am much happier with the credit card being proffered than the bill. The majority of customers are too. Not to mention I will often try an "upsell" during the transaction and the is much easier to do to a customer that is offering a card vs. cash. "I would be happy to give you two of those for just a $$ more" Will often result in an upsale with a credit card customer and rarely with a cash customer because they may not have the money. If people think they are getting a "good deal" and they often are, they will happily buy all day. Everyone is happy.
The Christmas Tree Farm was mostly cash but now more than 90% credit... plus receipt emailed at time if desired...

Charge a little steep but it's a 6 week business...

Ironically... the few checks turned out to be hit or miss which is sad...

I remember one... gregarious family man with kids and grandkids in tow... bought two premium trees, garland, wreaths, etc... check on closed account.

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union #164  
I don't know how anyone can enjoy Christmas with a stolen tree. That's just pathetic. :cautious:

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union
Yep... lessons learned...

Although credit card not foolproof... had one of 2400 sales say tree arrived damaged but they select and transport home???

You guessed it... charges were reversed and never could reach customer...

As a percent of sales the problems are far and few between on this unlike my restaurant friend trying to make it on take out...

So many disputed charges with customer saying did not order or reporting stolen at time of order... one was $600...

Now card swiped at time of pickup... no more online payment.

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union #166  
Antique car parts are often cash at automotive swap meets... sometimes it is a meetup to pickup arranged items...

Those casual sales of mint 32 Ford Fenders, etc get expensive fast.

You might be surprised how many have no traditional banking relationship when renting to students...

And those classic cars are not taxed and handled like real estate investments.

My friend laughs when he brags about buying or selling a car for anywhere from $50k to over $100k without any yearly tax or lawyers, surveys, etc.

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union #167  
In case anyone was wondering, I went in Monday at lunch time and got my $$ no problem... biggest stack I've used personally... I've written bigger checks. I know the drill on CL transactions so tried for cash first, would have done a cashiers check but I'll save the $5 fee if I can :)

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union #168  
I don't know how anyone can enjoy Christmas with a stolen tree. That's just pathetic. :cautious:
My grandfather watched a Redwood tree down by the creek grow over several years to 20 ft tall. Somebody climbed over his pasture fence, sawed it down, and took just the top 5 ft. A week before Christmas.

Come to think of my mother had the same experience, in town. Different year. Somebody stole her 6 ft decorative fir tree from the corner of her front yard. Also just before Christmas.

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union #169  
my credit union does require at least 1 yearly transaction or the acct will go dormant. i just set an alert to remind me. i only keep the credit union as it has better rates for cd's.
My bank also, except they do it on a 3 month basis.
Real PIA to withdraw and then re deposit.
My problem is that I deal with 2 banks and the PIA one has healthy savings but I don't use it otherwise except for CC and that is set up for automatic CC payments.
I use bank #2 for everyday transactions.
But then bank #2 decided to lower my CC limit without advising me and that created an embarrassing event when I made a healthy purchase at Cosco and that for a close friend at that.
They claimed that they did that 'for my protection' ??, (think it was rather to protect themselves).

/ Door Locked until further notice First Bank and now Credit Union #170  
My grandfather watched a Redwood tree down by the creek grow over several years to 20 ft tall. Somebody climbed over his pasture fence, sawed it down, and took just the top 5 ft. A week before Christmas.

Come to think of my mother had the same experience, in town. Different year. Somebody stole her 6 ft decorative fir tree from the corner of her front yard. Also just before Christmas.
Same happened to me.
They cut simply to get the top!

On the other hand, one year B4 Xmas, our Hydro trimmed trees and dropped all the nice fir tree tops vertically in the snow banks so that folks could avail themselves of free Xmas trees.
Nice gestor!