Dowsing, Devining, 'Witching' for Water

/ Dowsing, Devining, 'Witching' for Water #21  
I can do it but I'm skeptical. I have located my water lines, electrical, neighbors septic lines, water, etc.

But in all cases I already knew approximately where they were or there were surface clues "It wouild have to approximately from here to there".

Latest incident was a lead (massive) in my well system. Having the standpipes fairlyi well on trunk lines that could be isolated I narrowed it down to the line from house to well. Contacted a business specializing in wells and irigations system. He sent one of those 'line location' (call 811) out who came when I was not home. Next day there were white arrows painted on the ground, drive and around the well. I dowsed between the arrows and sure enough got indicators. I figured that this was an old place next to an abandoned school house, there had been both wells and springs used in the past that most of it was old lines. Well company showed up and I asked about the lines "Oh, we painted them there showing where we wanted to run our line". I re-dowsed and now didn't even get a quiver.

Brother who is a believer and does it tried before I told hime what they were - indications, told him there was nothing there and explain why. He tried again - nothing.

Odd one - I was looking for my septic tank. Knew where the pipe was but not exactly where the tank was. Rods showed the line right up to the tank but would not indicate over the tank.

Harry K
Harry K

/ Dowsing, Devining, 'Witching' for Water #22  
You know these dowsing threads come up here on TBN about every 2 years or so. I have seen several. The last one was where JJ got into it with someone, I cannot remember who.. I will just say this.. Those of you who are true believers, why don't you contact James Randi, and prove to him you can do it, and collect the $10,000? I know If I thought I could do it, I would sure try to get the money.. My dad went to his grave believing he was a "water witch", he never proved it to me.

/ Dowsing, Devining, 'Witching' for Water #23  
For me, it seems to work, when it's just for fun, and when I really needed it, it let me down.

Is there science behind it? Do the rods have anything to do with the equasion, or is your mind tapping into some Universal information database (and I do tend to believe in suich a thing) and then your pychic powers control the rods as a visual indicator, just as some can bend a spoon with their minds.

/ Dowsing, Devining, 'Witching' for Water #24  
You know these dowsing threads come up here on TBN about every 2 years or so. I have seen several. The last one was where JJ got into it with someone, I cannot remember who.. I will just say this.. Those of you who are true believers, why don't you contact James Randi, and prove to him you can do it, and collect the $10,000? I know If I thought I could do it, I would sure try to get the money.. My dad went to his grave believing he was a "water witch", he never proved it to me.

Darn it! Missed that one, I bet it was fun.

/ Dowsing, Devining, 'Witching' for Water #26  
   / Dowsing, Devining, 'Witching' for Water #27  
This shows the rods only finding what you are looking for, ignoring water if you look for an empty pipe, and ignoring the pipe when looking for a water bottle, etc.

Bruce

/ Dowsing, Devining, 'Witching' for Water #28  
This shows the rods only finding what you are looking for, ignoring water if you look for an empty pipe, and ignoring the pipe when looking for a water bottle, etc.

Bruce

Wow! that explains everything, I was never "never looking for anything" when I tried it, and I never found anything either!

/ Dowsing, Devining, 'Witching' for Water #30  
I am an irrigation contractor , I have the locating equipment , I have used the bent wire and marked my wire path , then come back and used the locator , same spots . One customer asked me how it works , I told him it was a trade secret .