Dump trailer questions

/ Dump trailer questions
So Im extremely stubborn and prone to foolish behavior sometimes. Most of the replies were, "don't do that! It's dangerous".

I personally am most worried about the lack of brakes. Perhaps I can engineer a solution there. But I've never driven any type of trailer or truck or anything bigger than an suv (except for the backhoes)and I know nothing about this except that there's a lot to know that I don't know (does that make any sense?) Could someone please explain the things that can go wrong with a heavy trailer on a mid to large size suv?

Someone mentioned swaying. But what if I build it low, wide and flat? Would that help? Someone else mentioned high speeds, there's no highways or anything similar here, just paved 2 lane country roads when you're lucky. If I had a heavy load I doubt I'd get above 25 mph.

Sorry for the slow responses, but I had been convinced to abandon this idea but now it's still nagging at the back of my brain.

Thanks!

/ Dump trailer questions #12  
The Toyota won't pull that trailer with 1 bucket full let alone putting 2 on it! Brakes would help with the stopping of trailer when loaded or it will push you over road edge or through stops and turns. What you want to do needs a 3/4 - 1 ton truck(2500 - 3500). No way with Toyota Suv!

/ Dump trailer questions #13  
Sell the trailer. Use the money to hire or rent a dump truck when needed. Raise your rates, if needed. Barter work for someone with a dump truck.

Don't do something risky to you and others on the road.

Bruce

/ Dump trailer questions
Sell the trailer. Use the money to hire or rent a dump truck when needed. Raise your rates, if needed. Barter work for someone with a dump truck.

Don't do something risky to you and others on the road.

Bruce
I've got two buddies with trucks that help me as needed. They're almost associates by now.

I'll probably make the trailer into some little utility trailer that can transport a cow or a concrete mixer or something. Does it need two axles for a decent sized cow? Brakes?

/ Dump trailer questions #15  
Okay, maybe I don't need to try to do this. Could be an expensive wild goose chase, kinda like that time I tried to make a sawmill with a 24" circular saw blade. Figured I'd better abandon it or I was going to die.

Maybe I'll pull the trailer apart and use one axle to make a small utility trailer and I dunno, make some farm implement with the other axle.

Thanks everyone for the warnings

I lived down there a couple years. I know the roads, and those dang painted pom pom buses. Maybe 2 yards max if you have trailer. Brakes. Both axles. No more than that. The bigger the vehicle, the more right of way it has. That's traffic law down there.

/ Dump trailer questions #16  
Yeah.... getting trailer brakes on that is definitely your #1... I've had a dump trailer with 4 yard of gravel push me downhill because the brakes weren't adjusted enough... not even because it didn't have them. It had them... and I was driving a big ole F350 Super duty. It was scary for a few seconds till I adjusted it way up.

/ Dump trailer questions #17  
A 4 runner isn’t reasonably going to haul 4 yards of dirt even with trailer brakes. But trailer brakes are very much needed to haul pretty much anything with that vehicle.

/ Dump trailer questions #18  
Oops, maybe bad wording. I meant to elude to simply the fact that a truck well rated to haul its load can still be very unsafe without proper trailer brakes.