/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #81  
If time is the most important criteria, then paying someone to get the job done might not be a bad idea. Then more research can be done to find the exact implement you want and if there is a wait time, it won't be so bad cause the job you "need" done now, will be taken care of. You need to value your time as well with the work you "want" to do vs the work that "needs" to be done. My list of needs when summer hits are:

1. Make Hay
2. Equipment repairs if needed
3. Clean the manure piles
4. Cut fire wood
5. Make more Hay

In that exact order. It may not sound like a lot but when your doing it all by yourself and only have a few hours a week, time flies. As long as nothing breaks, most anything else on my list is a want as those are the only major things that need to be done every year. As my kids are getting to the age (5 and 8) that going camping and doing activities becomes more fun, we as a family want to spend more time doing this together. Having the right tool for the job helps get these tasks done quicker freeing up more time to take the kayaks out or go for hikes etc etc. I can get into more details but there is probably no need.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #82  
If time is the most important criteria, then paying someone to get the job done might not be a bad idea. Then more research can be done to find the exact implement you want and if there is a wait time, it won't be so bad cause the job you "need" done now, will be taken care of. You need to value your time as well with the work you "want" to do vs the work that "needs" to be done. My list of needs when summer hits are:

1. Make Hay
2. Equipment repairs if needed
3. Clean the manure piles
4. Cut fire wood
5. Make more Hay

In that exact order. It may not sound like a lot but when your doing it all by yourself and only have a few hours a week, time flies. As long as nothing breaks, most anything else on my list is a want as those are the only major things that need to be done every year. As my kids are getting to the age (5 and 8) that going camping and doing activities becomes more fun, we as a family want to spend more time doing this together. Having the right tool for the job helps get these tasks done quicker freeing up more time to take the kayaks out or go for hikes etc etc. I can get into more details but there is probably no need.
Enjoy those years. Pretty soon they can help with those chores. A few days later they are off to college or making another life for themselves. It goes by fast.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #83  
Enjoy those years. Pretty soon they can help with those chores. A few days later they are off to college or making another life for themselves. It goes by fast.
We're trying too. Part of the reason were spending a little more to accomplish the goals for the summer so we can do things with them. I really can't wait until they are old enough to help with chores. They help now but the moment they can safely use a chainsaw, life will be a bit easier.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #84  
My kids are almost grown.....my ranch property is a future grandkid magnet.....starting pond construction next week....stocking this winter....hopefully years and years of projects for my kids and their families to enjoy with my wife and me.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #85  
My kids are almost grown.....my ranch property is a future grandkid magnet.....starting pond construction next week....stocking this winter....hopefully years and years of projects for my kids and their families to enjoy with my wife and me.
I sincerely wish you the best of luck.

My place is a little slice if heaven for me but just something to be sold for my sons.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #86  
I will break my front end loader before I will break my MTL grapple. My FEL will lift my back up if I’m not careful. My 4520r Branson weighs about 7k lbs with FEL, grapple, skidding winch, and filled tires. It rips out tree stumps and hauls around multiple logs that extend out a ways on either side (great for bucking). I worry more about the FEL then the grapple.
Yep, EA grapples are built much stronger. So what? Your tractor isn’t even close to having the capacity to break those grapples.
Sorry, but EA grapples are just expensive overkill.

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #87  
I don't know if i can agree with that, as far as tractors having the capacity to break grapples. It depends what you mean. I think almost any tractor could damage the lid of a grapple by misusing it. I also think most tractors could bend a lower tine if you tried.

I guess if you mean 'damage it to the point it can't be used' then i might be closer to agreeing. I think the main thing about not messing up a grapple is not using the lid wrong, and bending bottom tines should just be considered par for the course and you either bend it back and drive differently, or leave it bent and ignore it!

I do not own a grapple yet, but with my mechanical background im an expert at finding bending and breaking points and that's what i've observed from the tractor forums and youtube. 😜

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #88  
I don't know if i can agree with that, as far as tractors having the capacity to break grapples. It depends what you mean. I think almost any tractor could damage the lid of a grapple by misusing it. I also think most tractors could bend a lower tine if you tried.

I guess if you mean 'damage it to the point it can't be used' then i might be closer to agreeing. I think the main thing about not messing up a grapple is not using the lid wrong, and bending bottom tines should just be considered par for the course and you either bend it back and drive differently, or leave it bent and ignore it!

I do not own a grapple yet, but with my mechanical background im an expert at finding bending and breaking points and that's what i've observed from the tractor forums and youtube. 😜
The tines on my grapple are 2 and a half inchs in diameter....my loader will bend or break before the tines will

/ EA Attachments vs Homestead Implements #90  
Meanwhile, at EA..

IF someone bends an EA lid, we'd never offer to sell them one for $900, no matter what they were doing.
Travis

Oh, and Material matters. No "pipe" in a WICKED. Period.

20190730_120957ee.jpg

Last edited: