Easiest way to kill grass???

/ Easiest way to kill grass??? #1  

rooster628

I'm tired of spending a fortune on RoundUp grass killer. What else can I use to kill grass around fences, along base of house, etc that won't cost as much? Can I mix up some kind of diesel mix??

/ Easiest way to kill grass??? #2  
You could train a dozen female dogs to pee where you tell them...

:rolleyes:

/ Easiest way to kill grass??? #3  
Get generic glysophate at your local ag supply. It is the same stuff as RoundUp for about 1/10 the price. 2.5 gallons of concentrate for under 20 bucks. Out of sunlight it has several years of shelf life. At the appropriate mixing ratios, 2.5 gallon lasts a long time. I think this year's brand at my dealer was "Honcho".

/ Easiest way to kill grass??? #4  
jeffinsgf said:
It is the same stuff as RoundUp for about 1/10 the price. 2.5 gallons of concentrate for under 20 bucks... I think this year's brand at my dealer was "Honcho".

I just bought 2.5 gal of Ranger "Pro" for $99.99. I've got to do some shopping so I can find the 20 bucks brand :) .

But I still have to spray 3-5 times a year just like Round Up :( .

/ Easiest way to kill grass??? #5  
There is a product called Sahara. It will kill what is there and has a very long residual. Be very careful using this if you ever plan on planting there again.

/ Easiest way to kill grass??? #6  
This morning I bought a 2.5 gal jug of a 41% glyphosphate product at Tractor Supply. It is branded Pronto "Big N' Tuf". That is the same formulation as Honcho. I think regular Roundup is 49% and was priced at $98.50. The stuff I got was $48.50. I haven't seen the $20.00 product.

Grass control doesn't get much cheaper than that.

/ Easiest way to kill grass??? #7  
You need to find a ag supply co that sells fertilizer and ag chemicals in bulk. We buy roundup or equivalent in 250 gal tanks for our farm. They also sell it in 2.5 gal amounts for $20-30. Ask for round up or what ever similar brand they sell. I always get a good grin at the hardware and farm store prices. I generally mix about 1-2 oz/gal of water for small batches in a hand or atv sprayer. Also good way to get 2,4-D if needed.

/ Easiest way to kill grass??? #9  
This drought we're having here in The South is doing a pretty good job on killing my grass.

/ Easiest way to kill grass??? #10  
A range fire is about the cheapest I know of. Set it and forget it.