Easiest way to kill grass???

/ Easiest way to kill grass??? #21  
Run a proper mix of sodium chloride with water and check out the results!:D :D

/ Easiest way to kill grass??? #22  
Egon said:
Run a proper mix of sodium chloride with water and check out the results!:D :D

I think the proper mix of salt and water is what is left when you get through making homemade ice creame.

/ Easiest way to kill grass??? #23  
In my case the easiest way to kill grass....water it; fertilize it; weed it; test the soil; hire Tru-Green to spray it; carefully cut and trim it every week; over seed it; add topsoil.............yep - lawn is guaranteed to be dead by July!

/ Easiest way to kill grass??? #24  
jeffinsgf said:
Get generic glysophate at your local ag supply. It is the same stuff as RoundUp for about 1/10 the price. 2.5 gallons of concentrate for under 20 bucks. Out of sunlight it has several years of shelf life. At the appropriate mixing ratios, 2.5 gallon lasts a long time. I think this year's brand at my dealer was "Honcho".

Ditto. We did the same for $30 + tax.

/ Easiest way to kill grass??? #25  
Champy said:
In my case the easiest way to kill grass....water it; fertilize it; weed it; test the soil; hire Tru-Green to spray it; carefully cut and trim it every week; over seed it; add topsoil.............yep - lawn is guaranteed to be dead by July!

Don't care who you are...that's funny.:)

/ Easiest way to kill grass??? #26  
I was working for a guy who was selling his old shop after moving to a new building. The prospective buyer wanted all the vines removed from the chain-link fence before closing. Boss purchased some rock salt and sprinkled in alon the fence line. Killed the briars and vines in a couple of days, and we got out of doing it by hand. The next year, the bottom of the fence was rusty and 4 years later the bottom foot of it is non-existent, completely rusted away. The owner isn't happy about it, so watch what you ask for!
David from jax

/ Easiest way to kill grass??? #28  
Boil some vinegar and pour on it. Kill it in a couple days. Works good with posion ivy too!

/ Easiest way to kill grass??? #29  
Beagle urine. Had a beagle once, and a yard with multiple 6" to 9" dead grass spots.

/ Easiest way to kill grass??? #30  
Look for monobor chlorate. Treats the soil, not a systemic herbicide like Round Up and others. Therefore, it lasts much longer.