Eradicating moles

/ Eradicating moles #111  
Wonder if the smoke bombs used normally for groundhog holes would work.

/ Eradicating moles #112  
I’ve killed well over 300 moles with Victor Out O Sight mole traps. Now you’ve heard. ;)
From April 2022 Amazon review:
I have used and loved these mole traps in the past. It appears Victor has changed materials to produce them. They are now lightweight, cheap, and provide very little closing power, rendering them completely useless.

I put a few of these out and they work well.
mole chaser

/ Eradicating moles #113  
woke moles

/ Eradicating moles #114  
From April 2022 Amazon review:
I have used and loved these mole traps in the past. It appears Victor has changed materials to produce them. They are now lightweight, cheap, and provide very little closing power, rendering them completely useless.

I put a few of these out and they work well.
mole chaser
The moles went up to the electronic mole chasers, dug around them, and they fell over in the yard. They don’t work.

/ Eradicating moles
The moles went up to the electronic mole chasers, dug around them, and they fell over in the yard. They don’t work.
Moss, you must have the "extra woke" Notre Dame moles that are resistant to foreign sounds...

/ Eradicating moles #117  
They don't work for you!
Besides cats these mole "chasers" are the best thing since sliced bread.

/ Eradicating moles #118  
I look for an active area, (they have a tendency to re-use old tunnels). Then I take a dowel rod and poke a hole in a tunnel, (I try to put them at intersections/Y's for better odds). I cut the worms in half and put half in the hole and pinch the hole back shut. I then wait a few days to a week and then flatten out all the tunnels. Then repeat process. I get 4 worms per package by cutting them in half and I'm guessing I cover approximately 100-200 sqft (10' x 10' to 15' x 15' area) with 4, depends on how much activity there is. I also try to put a worm in the "leader" tunnel where they come out of the woods. I try to get them in early spring before they breed. Sometimes as early as March. Now that I got them under control, I would say I'm pretty much done fighting them by the end of May and might have to fight them come fall, but I haven't had any activity for several months now. It's a little expensive using the worms to start with because I went thru quite a bit of them, but now it's probably only 2 or 3 boxes early spring and maybe 2-3 in the fall. Not real sure since it's a continuous learning process. I haven't been spreading insecticides like I know I should, to make a better perimeter, but my method is working satisfactorily for me for now.

These are the worms I use, approx. $20 at most stores.

Just a reminder that it's time to start getting rid of your moles before they start multiplying.

I thought I would add pictorial of how I use poison worms.

Good Luck!

Attachments

• Find New Run.jpg
    Find New Run.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 63
  • Make Hole with dowel.jpg
    Make Hole with dowel.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 61
  • Dowel Hole.jpg
    Dowel Hole.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 58
  • Cut Worms in Half.jpg
    Cut Worms in Half.jpg
    595.3 KB · Views: 58
  • Push Worm in Hole with Dowel.jpg
    Push Worm in Hole with Dowel.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 65
  • Pinch Hole Shut.jpg
    Pinch Hole Shut.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 56
   / Eradicating moles #120  
Re-Post of my #46 past. Worth considering for large acerage of starting/enhancing an eradicating business.

Don't have time to read the whole thread but here is some ideas that may not have been covered.

My wife is pretty successful of chasing them off using Pine-sol. She opens open mounds and pours a cupful in each hole. They soon run off to the neighbors or back into then woods.

the best solution I have encountered is a "Varmint Getter". They use propane and oxy in a patented mixing and tunnel insert system to provide a mild explosion through the tunnel system that ruins their lungs and killing them. Due to cost such a system is not homeowner feasible. several years ago they were $1500 w/o the tanks and regulators. Most users would have that common welding items. Great tool for the large property owner plagued with ground burrowing critters.

Several companies make them and I cannot place their names right now. Google it! Here is a business waiting to happen!

ADD on: Neat thing, no poisend bodies to dispose of.

Ron