Everything Attachments

Status
Not open for further replies.
   / Everything Attachments #2,481  
Got my EA attachments this past Friday. Carrier banged them up a bit so there were many areas with paint chips. I have to say I am pretty shocked how thin and fragile the pain job is. Wan't expecting that at all. I've beat the heck out of my tractor and I am still hard pressed to find a scratch but these implements seem like it doesn't take much to scratch them up. Kind of like my cheapo Titan Attachments forks.

Attachments

• PXL_20221209_150053508.jpg
    PXL_20221209_150053508.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 164
  • PXL_20221209_145902037.jpg
    PXL_20221209_145902037.jpg
    3.4 MB · Views: 154
  • PXL_20221209_145836382.jpg
    PXL_20221209_145836382.jpg
    3.3 MB · Views: 151
   / Everything Attachments #2,483  
Got my EA attachments this past Friday. Carrier banged them up a bit so there were many areas with paint chips. I have to say I am pretty shocked how thin and fragile the pain job is. Wan't expecting that at all. I've beat the heck out of my tractor and I am still hard pressed to find a scratch but these implements seem like it doesn't take much to scratch them up. Kind of like my cheapo Titan Attachments forks.

Wait until you buy a Texas-built trailer that has been powder coated and all that powder coating pops off in the first snow it is driven through. What would you like to see happen here?

Last edited:
   / Everything Attachments #2,484  

I do hate to see things arrive like that, and if you call me, I can credit you some for touch-up.

On the grapple, those edges are etched by the laser, so it is the most challenging surface to get paint to adhere to, especially if something rubs against it, or scrapes it. We do use a high quality enamel paint, in contrast to the descriptive words someone else used up there, and we hand wash every attachment with a phosphate bath prior to painting, so it isn't a quality issue.

I'd like nothing more than for an EA representative to hand deliver each attachment, so we can ensure pristine condition. We wouldn't pack things in the truck, so metal or other hard surfaces are against paint, vibrating thousands of miles up the road...stopping, starting, slamming on brakes. It is a shame that carriers don't treat freight with care, but these days, it's actually a blessing when freight actually arrives, and sometimes, even on time.

We've tried crating, but that simply adds more cost and invites them to stack, which doesn't end well. We could put them in a velvet lined vault, and they'll find a way.

Our attachments arrive to the customer kinda like they would to a dealer's lot, but since there's no middle man, there's no one to touch it up before the customer sees it. I've sold cheap stuff in the past, and I've sold the most expensive(not EA), and it doesn't matter which because they all are vulnerable to scratching during transit.

After this week, with a few exceptions, we'll only be offering our attachments in black. This will simplify the mfg. flow, be easier for touch up, and hopefully lower our lead times even more, which is a huge goal. Small things, such as garden bedders, receiver hitches, and some other ground shipping items will remain yellow, but the larger things will be black, black, or black!

I hope this helps explain. We appreciate your business and the support from all of our proud customers. I guarantee you that, underneath that paint, you've invested in the very best tractor attachments you possibly could have, by a long shot. They'll quickly prove that, once you get them hooked up.
Travis

/ Everything Attachments #2,485  
Wait until you buy a Texas-built trailer that has been powder coated and all that powder coating pops off in the first snow it is driven through. What would you like to see happen here?
I have a diamond c and its paint is still good after 6 years. My previous trailer was a gatormade and they must laser cut everything cause it was rusted bad after all the paint chipped off. Had to replace fenders because they rusted through in 8 years. Actually it’s probably one of the best paint jobs i‘ve ever had on equipment implement/trailer.

/ Everything Attachments #2,486  
Pull that box through the dirt and rocks for an hour and show us how it looks. Better yet, just show us how it did the job it's intended for.

I realize that purchasing something and having it arrive with scuffed paint is disappointing. The same thing happened to me when I purchased our current machine 20+ years ago. Shipping straps scuffed the paint and I was upset. The company sent me touch up paint. A few weeks later, I'd done more to scuff the paint by using it than any shipper could have done.

The point being, it's a tool meant to be used in the dirt. It's gonna loose it's paint very quickly wherever it rubs against dirt. Touch it up if you want, but it's just going to get scuffed up again each time you use it.

There are more important things to be concerned about. (that's what people told me here 20 years ago and they were 100% correct).

Enjoy your new implement. I hope you get many years of good use out of it. That's what counts. ;)

/ Everything Attachments #2,487  
then why even paint it?

There is a difference than paint coming off in wear spots vs paint chipping off in non wear spots. Wear spots are constantly shined up and dirty. Random rusty patches on top of equipment looks like Chinese made junk. Heck, I made a gravel bucket for my excavator and used black rustoleum and it’s holding on good. Just need to rough up smooth laser cuts. Paint prep 101.

/ Everything Attachments #2,488  
then why even paint it?

There is a difference than paint coming off in wear spots vs paint chipping off in non wear spots. Wear spots are constantly shined up and dirty. Random rusty patches on top of equipment looks like Chinese made junk. Heck, I made a gravel bucket for my excavator and used black rustoleum and it’s holding on good. Just need to rough up smooth laser cuts. Paint prep 101.
I do hate to see things arrive like that, and if you call me, I can credit you some for touch-up.

On the grapple, those edges are etched by the laser, so it is the most challenging surface to get paint to adhere to, especially if something rubs against it, or scrapes it. We do use a high quality enamel paint, in contrast to the descriptive words someone else used up there, and we hand wash every attachment with a phosphate bath prior to painting, so it isn't a quality issue.

I'd like nothing more than for an EA representative to hand deliver each attachment, so we can ensure pristine condition. We wouldn't pack things in the truck, so metal or other hard surfaces are against paint, vibrating thousands of miles up the road...stopping, starting, slamming on brakes. It is a shame that carriers don't treat freight with care, but these days, it's actually a blessing when freight actually arrives, and sometimes, even on time.

We've tried crating, but that simply adds more cost and invites them to stack, which doesn't end well. We could put them in a velvet lined vault, and they'll find a way.

Our attachments arrive to the customer kinda like they would to a dealer's lot, but since there's no middle man, there's no one to touch it up before the customer sees it. I've sold cheap stuff in the past, and I've sold the most expensive(not EA), and it doesn't matter which because they all are vulnerable to scratching during transit.

After this week, with a few exceptions, we'll only be offering our attachments in black. This will simplify the mfg. flow, be easier for touch up, and hopefully lower our lead times even more, which is a huge goal. Small things, such as garden bedders, receiver hitches, and some other ground shipping items will remain yellow, but the larger things will be black, black, or black!

I hope this helps explain. We appreciate your business and the support from all of our proud customers. I guarantee you that, underneath that paint, you've invested in the very best tractor attachments you possibly could have, by a long shot. They'll quickly prove that, once you get them hooked up.
Travis

/ Everything Attachments #2,489  
If you missed the memo, after today, the color of our attachments is Black, Black, or Black!
All black will help with the factory flow, which will lower build estimates, and it makes our logo POP like nothing else, IMO.
🇺🇸

There are a few small exceptions, such as our receiver hitches, garden bedders, and some other smallish, ground shipping items, which will remain EA Yellow.

I wish you guys the best of times leading up to Christmas.
Travis

20210112_110032s.jpg

/ Everything Attachments #2,490  
We're taking landscape rake gauge wheels to the next level. Soon this style will be included with our Xtreme Duty Compact and Severe Xtreme rake models!
Travis

2022-12-16 14.16.54s.jpg

Check out this awesome transport position!

ETALR-III-4.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.