EZmover® Hitch System ***INTRO SPECIAL***

/ EZmover® Hitch System ***INTRO SPECIAL*** #11  
I still think the one from Bad River is a better design.

/ EZmover® Hitch System ***INTRO SPECIAL*** #12  
</font><font color="blue" class="small">( Is yes? )</font>

Yes, at least partly or more. /forums/images/graemlins/wink.gif Most of the manuals I've seen call this "horizontal drawbar" simply a "drawbar" and the other one that sticks straight out the back of the tractor a "swinging drawbar" although on most of our compact tractors it really can't swing from side to side as they do on many big tractors. And yes, you would need to chain it to the "swinging drawbar" to keep it down or just be sure you have some tongue weight on whatever trailer you're pulling. /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ EZmover® Hitch System ***INTRO SPECIAL*** #13  
Ok, there's lots of opinions on this but the question is this. IF you were in the market to get a 3pt tow hitch would you buy this one based on the factors of quality and price? I'm in the market to get one but there's tons of options out there. Yes or No?? /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

/ EZmover® Hitch System ***INTRO SPECIAL*** #14  
<font color="blue"> I'm in the market to get one but there's tons of options out there. Yes or No?? </font>

This will certainly do the job and Muhammad has gotten us a very good price but I agree with BillyP that the Bad River unit is a better design. Is the Bad River worth the extra $30 bucks or so? For most uses, probably not but the safety chain (patent applied for) is a nice feature if you will be moving trailers with light or negative (e.g. dump trailer when dumping the load) tongue weight.

To be honest, the product description for the EZmover has too much marketing hype in it for my taste. They take a simple welded up piece of steel and turn it into <font color="red"> 2" square tube receiver technology, which allows you to insert various types of connecting mechanisms </font>. Technology, mechanisms? What the heck is going on here? Then you are warned about accepting low quality knock-offs. The patent number they refer to is for their Flexpoint Hitch. I'm not sure if it really applies to this product.

The reality is that any weld fabrication shop in your area could make a hitch similar to these using scrap material laying around the shop.....but beware of cheap knock-offs. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Jeff

/ EZmover® Hitch System ***INTRO SPECIAL*** #15  
Jeff, I'm glad we agree. I'm sure the EZmover is built strong enough but, in my way of thinking, the safety chain is a must. I can't really tell how it's attached to the the horizontal draw bar but I know the Bad River bolts on. They even have some what a blueprint of theirs.

Without the safety chain, the trailer tongue could fly up and cause some major damage.

/ EZmover® Hitch System ***INTRO SPECIAL*** #16  
What is wrong with the tongue on my tractor and the 2" trailer ball that is there. It pulls my trailer fine and never gets in the way of other things I want to do with the tractor.

What I really need is a trailer hitch and a couple of hooks on my bucket

/ EZmover® Hitch System ***INTRO SPECIAL*** #17  
Could someone explain the safety chain that is being talked about? Why wouldn't you use the latching mechanism on the trailer tongue to prevent it from become unattached and "flying up"? Aren't these used (whichever manufacturer) in the conventional hookup method you would use on your normal towing vehicle?

Thanks

/ EZmover® Hitch System ***INTRO SPECIAL*** #18  
Freds, it's not that it would come unattached, but 3-point hitches normally have no down pressure, only power to raise, so if a trailer is hooked up and weight is added to the rear, thereby making a negative weight on the tongue and hitch, the front end of the trailer (tongue) and the 3-point hitch can suddenly jump to the maximum raised height of the 3-point hitch. It's happened several times to me, and never caused any real problem, but it could.

/ EZmover® Hitch System ***INTRO SPECIAL*** #19  
<font color="blue"> It's happened several times to me, and never caused any real problem, but it could. </font>

Bird,

I have experienced it as well and it hasn't caused any instability problems but that is more because it has only happened when the tractor was parked and I was raising the box on the dump trailer. I have had the hitch raise up when backing a heavily loaded trailer that did not want to roll (rough ground). The path of least resistance was the tongue raising up to the limit of the hitch travel. With the tongue raised high, any backing only tried to force the tongue higher not the trailer wheels backwards due to the angle of the applied force. I would NOT want this to happen while backing down hill with a load that caused the tongue to lift. The momentum would certainly cause an upset.

My hitch bar is a simple horizontal draw bar with a plate, cut in the shape of a "C", welded to the edge. The "C" slips over one of the lift arms thus preventing rotation. I like the idea of using the top link a lot better.

Jeff

/ EZmover® Hitch System ***INTRO SPECIAL*** #20  
Ahhhh, it's all clear to me now.
Thanks for the great explanation, Bird. I hadn't thought of that, but then I never did credit myself with having common sense. /forums/images/graemlins/blush.gif
Seems like a chain attached to the horizontal draw bar and a clevice or something on the tractor's drawbar would fix that from happening. Hopefully that is mentioned in the instructions that come with the receiver holder for people like me that don't follow TBN.