EZmover® Hitch System ***INTRO SPECIAL***

/ EZmover® Hitch System ***INTRO SPECIAL*** #71  
Don't understand the problems with a "light tonque". I always load my trailers tonque heavy to give more traction. I have a homemade unit that included a drawbar made of 3" channel iron. Welded a plate on each end for the pins. Also some brackets for the counter-weights. I can slide my 8000lb electric winch into the receiver (there is a battery bracket in front of the drawbar) and a chain bar (more channel with 3/8 slots) into the receiver on the winch for hauling logs. Draw them out with the winch, skid them to a landing with short chains, then load them onto my trailer with the forks and haul them to the woodshed. I have about 4 trailers that I always seem to need to relocate so being able to back under, lift the 3pth and leave (don't even have to latch the coupler on an MT trailer) is real handy. For a loaded trailer I mostly latch, depending on where I am going. If you keep the drawbar as low as possible when backing up the tonque seems to force the bar down, not up. Thank goodness for swing-away trailer tonque jacks. When I drop a trailer I normally set the jack on one of many 6x6s that I leave in my parking areas.

/ EZmover® Hitch System ***INTRO SPECIAL*** #72  
Wait, can't you just use the rockshaft lock valve (if equipped) to keep the 3ph from coming up when towing?

I know the manual says to use only the drawbar to tow, but my neighbor says he has been using his 3ph to tow for years just by using the hydraulic lock valve (the same valve used to control 3ph drop rate, just closed all the way). I was planning on doing the same once I get my iMatch receiver hitch.

Nathan

/ EZmover® Hitch System ***INTRO SPECIAL*** #73  
Re: EZmoverョ Hitch System ***INTRO SPECIAL***

I just got one of these, It was spendy ($35) to send to Alaska by priority mail, but it works great, bolts to your 3 pt hitch drawbar, comes with two 3/4" bolts. Pins to your top link, accepts common trailer hitch adapters same as your pickup. Keeps the hitch horizontal and stable while moving trailers.