Farm UTV/RTV Purchase

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #161  
Perhaps some states have loopholes, but the Roxor doesn’t meet EPA on road emissions standards or DOT safety standards, so the general answer is no.

Some states, Arizona being one I am familiar with, have oddball exceptions allowing home brew modifications like adding turn signals and wipers so that side by sides can be driven in the roads.
I don't see why it couldn't be licensed in WV because you can license SxS's to be driven even on lined paved roads and I've seen old mini-trucks licensed and they don't meet any emission or DOT standards. In fact since it looks so much like a regular old Jeep you'd probably be stopped if driving it here on a road without a plate, whereas with a SxS you wouldn't unless possibly on a paved road with a center line.

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #162  
Where I live all you need is windshield, turn signals, reflectors, tag, tag lights, rear view mirror, two side mirrors, horn, insurance, seat belts. and must run at least 45mph ...not sure on windshield wipers. Cop said be ready to get pulled over and have the AVT/RTV checked over a few times

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #163  
Where I live all you need is windshield, turn signals, reflectors, tag, tag lights, rear view mirror, two side mirrors, horn, insurance, seat belts. and must run at least 45mph ...not sure on windshield wipers. Cop said be ready to get pulled over and have the AVT/RTV checked over a few times
I wish FLa did this. They would get some tax dollars on the tag, ect. I always thought it was stupid, a motor cycle is safer then something with a roll cage and seat belts? Heck, not picking on motorcycles, but if your 21, you dont need to wear a helmet, but a SxS, thats a death trap.

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #164  
Where I live all you need is windshield, turn signals, reflectors, tag, tag lights, rear view mirror, two side mirrors, horn, insurance, seat belts. and must run at least 45mph ...not sure on windshield wipers......

Oh my thankfully none of that is required here.

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #165  
can't make them street legal in AL where I live. Fortunately I am rural and have went by a cop or two with no issues, so I don't think they enforce it much unless you are being a nuisance.

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #166  
In Texas it depends on if it is a farm vehicle or not. Generally, they are not street legal, but in some cases on some roads you could legally drive a UTV.

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #167  
I sold my XG850, I want something street legal when I buy it and 4 seats. Must run over 45mph, may go with Honda Pioneer 1000

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #168  
I installed turn signals, flashing light in front grill, emergency flashers and put farm tags on my Polaris Ranger. I use it to run the state road between each farm that we service.

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #169  
I've told my son, if he ever gets pulled over, to tell them he's going to my moms place to check fence lines. Ag can get away with a lot.

/ Farm UTV/RTV Purchase #170  
That's why these is in mine;
warrior smv.jpg

I try and keep it under 35 most of the time.
In this state it can not be registered as it is too wide and heavy to be an atv which requires
registration and they can't figure out what to do about the SxS yet. And mine even came with directionals, 4 way flashers,
tail/marker lights,brake lights, high/low beam headlights and a horn.
So far no issues and had a State Trooper come by one day while I was standing in the road directing traffic
with it parked on the shoulder with the 4 ways going while we were moving some cows across the road.