Farmall's are coming back!!!

/ Farmall's are coming back!!! #61  
Re: Farmall\'s are coming back!!!

That's what they mean when they say Farmall's are coming back? A 1/2 inch tall decal?

I would have thought that when they announced that Farmall's were coming back, that the Farmall name would be more prominent on the tractor than the Case name.

/ Farmall's are coming back!!! #62  

That's what I was thinking. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif

Is this picture that is on their website supposed to be acceptible? They look like Micro Machines!

FamilyOpt.jpg

I do like the way they look. Thanks, shoppintractors, for posting those pics! /forums/images/graemlins/laugh.gif

/ Farmall's are coming back!!! #63  

Went to my local dealer yesterday and he is looking for the new tractors any day. He had just gotten back from school and he told me and showed me some very interesting things. The transmission on the DX is cast iron, not cast alum like on Kubota. it is also twice as big. Same thing for the front wheel drive axle. But the most interesting thing was compairing their engine horspower and PTO horsepower. When the engine hp was the same on Kubota the DX was about 3 hp more than the Kubota at the PTO. Can any tell me if these are true facts of was it a sales pitch. I really like the DX and the dealer. And my grandfather always had IH. /forums/images/graemlins/confused.gif <font color="blue"> </font>

/ Farmall's are coming back!!! #64  

Generally speaking, there is little real difference in two quality tractors from the large manufacturers. That said, it often boils down to the dealership as to what makes a tractor choice for the buyer.

I own Kubota & New Holland CUTs and I own some John Deere power equipment as well. I will never buy another JD piece from my local dealer because when I went in with a check book in hand to buy a new tractor last summer I couldn't get any level of help or attention from the dealer. That is a dealership issue. I went back and forth between buying my second Kubota or switching dealers to buy a N.H. The Kubota salesman was non-responsive, which was a surprise becuase I have a long standing relationship with that dealership, and am on a first name basis with the owner. When the deal stalled the owner called me to ask what was going on, I explained that I just decided to buy a N.H. because of the sales response I got from his competitor. I ended up going back to the Kubota dealer after getting delivery of the new N.H. and am glad I ended up with the N.H. for this particular tractor. But it really boils down to a dealer and your relationship with him. The Kubota guy still treats me well. I also purchased a riding White mower from him this year and I purchased my Cub Cadet from him several years ago. I still like him. But the N.H. guys also treat me very well.

So if you are looking at a Farmall and comparing it to a Kubota, I would suggest that both are fine tractors. The Kubota has proven itself and grown to be a major player in the business. The Farmall's are new, but they come from Case/New Holland and are likely a spin off, with some subtle differences, of the N.H. TC line of tractors which are very solid performers and are among the best in the industry.

If you get a warm and fuzzy feeling from the dealer, buy from him. He will likely take care of you down the road.

/ Farmall's are coming back!!! #65  

I saw some of the new "Farmalls" at the Louisville show yesterday and was disappointed. I saw a sign first and had to study the tractors for a while before if found the small farmall badge on the grill. However the DX... Was large and prominent on the sides of the hood. Looks like most of the other CUT's, OH well...

/ Farmall's are coming back!!! #66  

Silly question, but is the same tractor going to still be sold by CASE? Or is it being rebadged as a FARMALL?

/ Farmall's are coming back!!! #67  

The "Farmalls" were in in Case/IH display area so I am assuming they will be sold as is with the tiny Farmall badge on the front. As far as I can tell that is the only difference between them and the old DX series. I am assuming that all future DX series will have the Farmall emblem on the grill.

/ Farmall's are coming back!!!

Bummer. I was hoping for a little bit bigger "Farmall" on the side; kinda like my Farmall 200 for example!

/ Farmall's are coming back!!! #69  

Yeah me too. Even if they are only rebadged DX tractors it would have been nice to have something like the old Farmall logo prominently on the hood sides. Oh well...

/ Farmall's are coming back!!! #70  

<font color="blue"> The "Farmalls" were in in Case/IH display area so I am assuming they will be sold as is with the tiny Farmall badge on the front. As far as I can tell that is the only difference between them and the old DX series.</font>

It's all in the color. /forums/images/graemlins/grin.gif The New DX Farmalls are the deeper RED color. As well as the Logo on the front grill.....

Don