FEL Camera

/ FEL Camera #1  

Frankenkubota

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5800, SkidPro 4 in 1, Ratchet rake, SkidPro pallet forks
I searched google for fel camera and came across a thread from tbn that was maybe 5 years old? A lot of good comments but I don稚 think anyone actually did it. I think One guy put a back up camera on his tractor.

My neighbor just bought a backup camera from amazon for his truck, $100, blue tooth, just hook it to your reverse lite!

Anyone installed a fel camera?

Thx all

/ FEL Camera #2  
Subscribed. 5 camera-years was a long time ago. Hope someone posts updates.

/ FEL Camera #3  
I'm using a backup camera on my tractor. I have 2 cameras and a video screen to select between the 2 cameras. The display screen is mounted under the canopy. The camera looking to the rear is permanently mounted on the fender but I'm not that impressed with it. Because: - 1) field of view is limited, probably should mount it higher up on the rops. 2) The camera is subject to glare from the sun and then I can't see anything, and that's with both the camera and display. I also have a convex mirror used by the truckers mounted under the canopy and it works much better. I have the camera and cable for the front camera and was going to mount it to a magnet for the FEL, especially when I use the forks, but since I've been disappointed in the rear camera I just haven't gotten around to mounting the front camera. I really need to, so I can see to pick up pallets which I seem to be doing more and more of lately.

/ FEL Camera #4  
I mounted (and later removed) a cheap-o wired backup camera (amazon) for using my PTO-driven stump grinder (woodland mills). Turns out it's better just to sit a little sideways for that.
Now I do like the rear-view mirror I mounted under the canopy.

/ FEL Camera #5  
This is the thread I followed from 6 years ago. I bought the monitor and 2 cameras. My install pics are on page 2 of I think 11 pages. The monitor has 2 inputs so I mounted one camera up front and one rear. I did have to replace the monitor and one camera after a few years but it still works today. Many members installed this system.

https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/customization/316927-backup-camera-50-a.html

/ FEL Camera #6  
Well I guess like everything else a loader camera could be useful sometimes.

Especially when using my clamp on bucket forks!

As they say, ignorance is bliss.

Never felt the need for such thing over the last 18 years though....

/ FEL Camera #7  
I bought a cheap $70 camera on Amazon last year and put it on the front. I use Neodymium magnets so I can move the camera to where I need it.

Makes it easier to see what you are doing when hooking up SSQA, or using pallet forks. Should help on the tree/post puller as well but have not tired it there yet. Took about 1-1 1/2 hrs to install on a cabbed tractor. Most of the screens are not rated for outdoor (water issues).

If I was gong to get another, I would get aq wireless unit. Mounting on the FEL you need wires long enough for full travel and they get long and can snag. It would also allow to quickly move the camera to the rear.

/ FEL Camera #8  
I was just thinking of looking into a camera and lights mounted to the FEL.

/ FEL Camera #9  
Search on user Waxman for threads started by him. He did some great work and eventually left after a long fight with Paul (4shorts). Paul had a way of thinking his way was the only way...

/ FEL Camera #10  
Search on user Waxman for threads started by him. He did some great work and eventually left after a long fight with Paul (4shorts). Paul had a way of thinking his way was the only way...

I remember Waxman changed his username from his previous one(?)because he was getting too much crap about keeping a nice ride and being a little OCD about it.
Nothing wrong with that and I miss his stuff here-the B3030 and L3240 cab units.
Would like him to return.