Fel Hydrolics

/ Fel Hydrolics
about 1100 hrs. Located a new valve $600.00 but no rebuilding kit, ya can buy all the parts individually though.

/ Fel Hydrolics #12  
The valves arent rebuildable unless you have external leakage around the spools, then those seals are replaceable.

Have you done any modifications to the hydraulics? Added remotes, backhoe, or a 3rd function?

/ Fel Hydrolics
The valves arent rebuildable unless you have external leakage around the spools, then those seals are replaceable.

Have you done any modifications to the hydraulics? Added remotes, backhoe, or a 3rd function?
No 100% stock. The only thing other then PM I ever did was 2 batteries and a few cooling fans over 16 yrs.

/ Fel Hydrolics #14  
Curly you can by most of the parts for your valve body. All the parts seem to be available but the valve body and spools would be very expensive.
You mentioned that you had to manually pull one of the valve spools but that it was easy. This suggests that the return spring is maybe broken for that spool. If that is the case and your hydraulics are building up excess heat it may be the cause. Have you been able to touch the valve body or some other part of the hydraulics and it been to hot to touch? That would explain it getting more difficult to operate the hydraulics.
My theory as to why all this is happening is that your valve not centering and during operation it is partly applying pressure constantly. This will cause more heat build up than the system is designed for.
Check that the hydraulic cooler is not obstructed
Check that radiator is ok also
Can you put your hands on the lines and such without burning your self?
Replace the valve body return springs
I would find out soon as the hydraulics for your FEL share the oil as your hydrostatic drive

/ Fel Hydrolics
Curly you can by most of the parts for your valve body. All the parts seem to be available but the valve body and spools would be very expensive.
You mentioned that you had to manually pull one of the valve spools but that it was easy. This suggests that the return spring is maybe broken for that spool. If that is the case and your hydraulics are building up excess heat it may be the cause. Have you been able to touch the valve body or some other part of the hydraulics and it been to hot to touch? That would explain it getting more difficult to operate the hydraulics.
My theory as to why all this is happening is that your valve not centering and during operation it is partly applying pressure constantly. This will cause more heat build up than the system is designed for.
I would find out soon as the hydraulics for your FEL share the oil as your hydrostatic drive

I will be cutting grass today so I will check to see if things get hot or not. As I said the longer I use it the stiffer things gets which is why I was thinking something was passing where it shouldn't be the longer I use it.

TY!

/ Fel Hydrolics #16  
All spools & spool valve bodies must be replaced as set not individually. New 2 spool valve assembly can be purchased for about $300

/ Fel Hydrolics
All spools & spool valve bodies must be replaced as set not individually. New 2 spool valve assembly can be purchased for about $300
Ya wouldn't happen to have a part number would ya?

/ Fel Hydrolics

I don't know what temp the control body is to be at but after mowing for a few hrs the bucket control is very hard, the valve body temp is about 145* and it's 85* outside.