Loader FEL loader safety prop

/ FEL loader safety prop #1  

Smokeydog

Elite Member
Tractor
Kubota B26, M59, M5030DT
Often raise the loader to better access the engine for maintenance. Cleaning radiator/screen often required during mowing season. (Radiator Genie tools are the best!) Had a redwood 4x4 that was light and strong for a prop. The M59 has a well thought out metal U-shaped cylinder prop attached to the loader for safely blocking the loader in the raised position. More common on construction equipment. Ag tractors are slow to include this important piece of safety equipment.

Guilty of not always propping up the loader while working underneath. All tractors can hurt or kill you.

Would like to make something for the B26 loader. Anyone make a loader cylinder prop? Prefer something attached and quick to deploy/store like on the M59. Brainstorming for ideas.

/ FEL loader safety prop #2  
Why not just copy the design of the M59 lock, and size it to fit the B?

/ FEL loader safety prop
Most likely the best idea. However I’ve seen some very cleaver ideas on this forum that might be better.

/ FEL loader safety prop #4  
I guess it depends on how high you need it propped up. I just use a couple saw horses under the bucket for my needs.
Cheers,
Mike

/ FEL loader safety prop #5  
Use an L or U shaped block on the cylinder rod.

hyd-cyl-lock.jpg

Bruce

/ FEL loader safety prop
That prop on the backhoe stabilizer cylinder rod for leak down or antitheft?

/ FEL loader safety prop #7  
That prop on the backhoe stabilizer cylinder rod for leak down or antitheft?

That was just the first photo I found to illustrate the concept. Imagine a longer one placed on a loader cylinder rod when in the up position.

Some more:

cylinder-block-attached.jpg cylinder-block.jpg

Bruce

/ FEL loader safety prop #8  
Very good ideas!

Just the other day I saw a guy raise another guy up in the tractor bucket to use a chainsaw to trim some branches... surprised Darwin didn't contact either of them that day...

/ FEL loader safety prop #9  
Cut a piece 2X2 angle iron the correct length. Store angle iron in frt cross tube on your loader. Utilize a zip tie to secure angle iron on boom cyl rod.

/ FEL loader safety prop #10  
Very good ideas!

Just the other day I saw a guy raise another guy up in the tractor bucket to use a chainsaw to trim some branches... surprised Darwin didn't contact either of them that day...

Last Wednesday 2 guys, 77 and 63, were trimming trees standing on what is described as a pallet in forks of a telehandler in Southern Minnesota. They were 30 feet high when the telehandler rolled. 63 y/o died in the fall, 77 y/o transported by helicopter in critical condition, and 38 y/o telehandler driver non-life threatening injuries.