Filters???

/ Filters??? #11  
I went to my local dealer to purchase a BX2200 oil filter and was given an oil filter for a BX1800. I told them that this is very different from my current filter. They realized they made a mistake and then I was given the 70000-15241 filter the same as RGD from the other post. I was still concerned that this was still different than my original filter that was on the engine from the factory. I then went to a different dealer and they dispensed the original filter that was on my tractor which was a 15241-32093. The 70000-15241 and the 15241-32093 look nothing alike. However, I do notice that the last five numbers of the first filter are the same as the first five numbers of the second filter! Does that mean anything? The size, the relief valve and gasket size and style are different from these two filters! This gets me extremely worried and frustrated to experience such variation in product. As we all know how important oil filters are, I worry that I am installing the incorrect filter. Does anyone have a logical explanation for all the differences? Also, I would suggest not to rely that your dealer is giving you the right filter. Make sure you know your filter part number before going to the dealer!!!!!!

/ Filters???
Jon,
I was also frustrated by the filter part numbers. Ron Hall provided this link in a post above http://www.tractorsmart.com/. Also you can take a look at Carvers and find the same information. Most of the dealers appear to offer replacement filters, still stamped Kubota, with different part numbers than the Illustrated parts list for the tractor. I did make a visit to my dealer for a face to face assurance that what he had sold me was the correct part number.(except for the error mentioned earlier, right box wrong filter in the box). When the dust settled the engine oil filter was physically shorter and the HST transmission was physically smaller in diameter. The hydraulic oil filter has a "1" as the last digit in the number from the above link and the Carver page. My dealer assures me all is well. As to why he does not stock the Kubota P/N show in the tractor part manual "Nobody would buy a filter from Kubota @ $35 that they can get in the states for $5." He had no response to "I will put in the right filter @ $35 in a $25,000 dollar machine before I would put in the wrong one @ $5.

Once you get it straight on the part numbers I think this problem disappears. If not I'm sure someone on this board would be piping up loud and clear.

Frustrating yes, problem no./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ Filters??? #13  
Jon,
Even counter people make mistakes,and lord knows I made some hum dingers.

I agree always check the manual if you can't get the number off the part.

Some older filters and new filters are so close one has to double check until one is familiar by touch or sight.

Thomas..NH /w3tcompact/icons/wink.gif

/ Filters??? #14  
Kubota filters are a wide spread mystery. If your dealer used the quick reference guide it's a crap shoot what he'll set on the counter in front of you. As well as offering heavy duty filters vs. standard duty filters all of which still don't appear to be the same filter externally. As well as some filters being on backorder so they use the available filters in stock (HD vs STD duty)
The best advice I have for you guys is:
Ask your dealer to check the price book with your part number, if the number supersedes to a new number it's a safe bet that's the correct filter. If the part number is still available insist he order that number. Just be prepared to wait I suggest you do this in advance of service intervals.The same thing goes for mower belts kubota makes an "economy" mower belt for most mowers, if you give your original part # it may supersede to the econo # in the dealers computer. The econo belts are alot cheaper for a reason I only use the good belts in all repairs unless the econo is specifically requested by the customer.