Filters???

/ Filters??? #1  

TWINKLE_TOES

Veteran Member
I just started my 50 hour maintenance on my B21 and ran in to a marketing buzzsaw./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif The filters that the dealer sold me don't look like the originals nor do they match the Kubota Illustrated parts list. The original filters are painted gray and have no identification. If anyone can help without too much effort I would appreciate it. Dealer is closed today, but I will be able to clear this up tomorrow.

Engine oil filter P/N from the dealer 70000-15241, from the part manual 15241-3209-0 (dealer filter is about 1 inch shorter)

Hydraulic oil filter P/N from the dealer 33960-82630, from the part manual 32590-3838-0.

The part manual and dealer agree on the Transmission oil filter P/N 66021-36060.

/ Filters??? #2  
I can't help you with the part numbers, but all the filters on my 2910 were originally painted gray. I think they assemble the unit with the filters then paint afterwards. In short, I wouldn't worry about the color.

As for the part numbers, I'd question the dealer and find out if there are superceded part numbers. My slight experience with this suggests that Kubota's manuals and parts books are not competely reliable, so check and double check, then write down the correct numbers once you are satisfied for future reference.

Peter

/ Filters???
Peter thanks,

I guessed the reason for the gray paint also, my concern was the different internal construction of the engine oil filter. Looking in the hole, one had a finer mesh prefilter screen than the original one from the tractor, thread size was the same and the O-ring was about the same. I didn't want to roll the dice and screw it on because I could. I believe the engine filter has a bypass valve that actuates if the filter is dirty and clogged and allows the engine oil to circulate without going thru the filter. If I stick a Hydraulic oil filter in place of the engine oil filter I would run the risk of the bypass on full time. I will get this figured out with the dealer tomorrow. Gone are the days of Fram PH8A for everything I own./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ Filters??? #4  
There were some really long discussions about filters and replacements about a year ago here, or maybe CTB. The main interest was using filters that are less expensive than the dealer items, and which are generally available in auto stores. Somebody did a lot of research comparing dealer and generic filters, and somewhere there was a web site mentioned that contained a cross reference table for various filters.

/ Filters??? #5  
Allen: check out this site. [http://www.tractorsmart.com/] They have a compete list of filters and part numbers for most Kubota tractors. I don't know how up todate they are. But it's something to compare against.

ronh/w3tcompact/icons/cool.gif

/ Filters???
Thanks to all for the help. I checked the archives and the links provided, plus a phone call to the dealer, and all is now well in filter land. The dealer flubbed up on just one of the filters(correct P/N on the box, wrong filter in the box).Note: The price from the dealer and www.tractorsmart.com were identical.

It's kind of funny the archives had the nearly identical dilemma I was faced with under "knothead dealer" back in April. Next time I will check archives before wasting everyones time./w3tcompact/icons/blush.gif

/ Filters??? #7  
Original filters are blue/gray.Was in our dealers shop last week and they had a B2100 split into,tractor had 900 hours and was out of warranty.The hydro was ruined,the owner wanted the dealer or Kubota to replace the trans at there expense.He had told the dealer that all oil changes and service had been done "by the book",yet there was the old original blue filter...Needless to say,the owner backed up a little when the mechanic pointed this out.

/ Filters???
Hmmmmmm! 900 hours on one set of filters. For the B21, Hydraulic oil filter $21.34, HST filter $4.45, total $25.79. Five service intervals 5 x $25.79 = $128.95. That fella saved $128.85. If he didn't spend any money on filters I'll bet Super UDT @ $12.00 per gallon was out of the question. Wonder how the engine was treated. You should get the serial number and post it on this board before it shows up on "USED TRACTOR, low hours, good paint, like new... I don't think I would like to be a dealer./w3tcompact/icons/frown.gif

/ Filters??? #9  
Not changing filters and oil must be wide spread. A while back at my dealer, they had a engine oil filter that was cut open and completely clogged. I was off of a Massey with a 75 horsepower Perkins engine. The motor was ruined. It had been run in very dusty conditions. The guy hadn't changed any oil or filters. That included the air and hydralics. The man wanted the dealer or AGCO to pay for it. I think they said it had about 500 hours on it. I bet he will have to pay for the motor his self.
JerryG

/ Filters??? #10  
FYI,
I to noticed that my replacement filter 70000-15241 from the dealer was 1" shorter than the original put it on anyway(he said it was correct). Now 95hrs and just before winter wanted to change the oil. Went to NAPA and they cross referenced 15241-32099 to Casite(Hastings) CF402 looks like original including relief valve inside. They(NAPA) said Hastings filters are for heavy duty applications. I will change again at 150hrs anyway. Used Penzoil 15w-40 with purebase(sounded clean ha.ha.) vs. Mobil. With 50hrs the oil it was almost black(looked ready to be changed, I was due at 100hrs anyway).

RGD - BX2200 owner