Finally got everything to the property

/ Finally got everything to the property #1  

schoolsout

Veteran Member
Tractor
Massey Ferguson 1533
Couldn't fit the bushhog on the trailer we borrowed so we had to bring it separately. Did that last evening, along with the forks the guy gave us after we bought the tractor. he had them fabbed up to fit on bucket when you open the 4 in 1 and close back down on them. They fit perfectly and worked well for us moving the bush hog off the trailer and turning the disc around.

The old barn (from back in my father's youth) is full of crap including a bunch of lumber (pecky cypress, old window frames and even his old saddle) and a tree fell on the back part we were going to start parking the tractor and implements under, so for now, it fits nicely in a container that is out there.

I'm having fun with this thing.

Attachments

• DSCN0991.jpg
    DSCN0991.jpg
    647.2 KB · Views: 669
  • DSCN0992.jpg
    DSCN0992.jpg
    678.4 KB · Views: 557
  • DSCN0994.jpg
    DSCN0994.jpg
    613.8 KB · Views: 578
  • DSCN0996.jpg
    DSCN0996.jpg
    612.1 KB · Views: 550
   / Finally got everything to the property #2  
"Neighbors"?

Hope you keep it locked up tight! Heard too many stories about theft/vandalism lately....

Looks like you've got a good team ready to roll!:thumbsup:

/ Finally got everything to the property #3  
"Neighbors"?

Hope you keep it locked up tight! Heard too many stories about theft/vandalism lately....Looks like you've got a good team ready to roll!:thumbsup:
And as the economy gets worse, you can expect a surge in thefts.

/ Finally got everything to the property
It's a worry, but the only way to get back there (with a vehicle) is through a gate at entrance on road. There is a cell tower on the property so it is a pretty substantial gate. Also, we own a house that is being rented that is on the road adjacent to property and they have kept an eye on things before.

We worked on clearing area around the old shed today. I'll have a few pics tomorrow. Not sure how we ever did without a tractor now! :)

Few more from yesterday. This shed has been there for a good, long time. A tree has fallen on part of it and there is lots of lumber that needs to be removed under the roof (that will be a winter project when the snakes are frozen :cool: )

Not sure if we will ever really use it or build another pole shed/barn, but it was fun clearing around it a bit.

So far, we've put about 8-9 hours on the machine (total of 356) and it impresses us a lot.

Attachments

• DSCN4940.jpg
    DSCN4940.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 388
  • DSCN4938.jpg
    DSCN4938.jpg
    932.5 KB · Views: 448
  • DSCN4935.jpg
    DSCN4935.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 408
  • DSCN4936.jpg
    DSCN4936.jpg
    1,018.3 KB · Views: 481
Went again this past Saturday

Put out some lime (planning on doing a few small food plots for deer/wildlife)

disced area we are cleaning. Lots and lots of rotting limbs and whatnot. Hoping to break them up smaller. Disc did OK as this area has been compacted down a lot in the past 2-3 years with trucks/trailers and tractors driving over it. Burned the piles and left them smoldering (farmer buddy kept an eye on them once we left) so that is coming along. The pile with the dirt in it burned better than expected so it will be interesting to see exactly what is left next time we go.

Too bad a tree fell on the old shed/barn thingy...

Attachments

• 2.JPG
    2.JPG
    618.4 KB · Views: 335
  • 3.JPG
    3.JPG
    902.8 KB · Views: 384
  • 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    868.7 KB · Views: 344
   / Finally got everything to the property #7  
thats a nice looking tractor.

/ Finally got everything to the property #9  
Coming along very nicely!

It will be very educational --for me, at least-- to see how this all turns out; hope you'll keep us posted.:thumbsup:

Coming along very nicely!

It will be very educational --for me, at least-- to see how this all turns out; hope you'll keep us posted.:thumbsup:

educational for us, too

my next question deals with planting fruit trees such as apple/pears in that little cleared area. There are a lot of limbs/logs (we've cleaned most we could see) under the soil because when I pop a few up using the loader, it seems to uncover more. They are at the point at which they start breaking up from the rot. Since we are doing trees, I figure I'd just leave them be and let nature continue to do it's thing. They are holding a good bit of moisture and that may/may not be a good thing depending on rains this year.

So, anybody think I should get a middlebuster and just plow that area to dig them up (mainly just break them down into smaller pieces to continue rotting or just leave them be and if there happens to be one where we start planting a tree (these will probably be 7 gallon trees this fall/winter) deal with it then?

I also didn't lime there as we are still working it, but as cheap as lime is, I may get a few hundred pounds to go ahead and start the process. I will be getting soil samples next time I'm out there just to see what's up, but I'm assuming the soil is pretty acidic seeing as how it was nothing but pine trees (for the most part) out there.

Also, there is another area near the cell tower that has some timber down. Rode the Rhino through it and from what I recall, there is a lot of limbs/smaller trunks in the way. Not really sure how much sunlight (hours) reaches it, either. Will start messing with that soon, too.

Snake boots arrived this week so I feel a little more confident roaming through some areas in the summertime. Area has seen its share of rattlers over the years.

If y'all have any other suggestions, feel free to speak. I know it is difficult to tell exactly from pics, but I'll try and get some more to show the layout of the land next time I go. May go sit for a turkey this Sun AM and mess around after that.