Finally got everything to the property

/ Finally got everything to the property
So, yesterday, I dug up some pecans from the sales yard at the dealership...I know it isn't the right time to do it, but nothing will be lost as they were free and only about 6-8" tall. Got them up without any major damage to roots, so I think they'll be alright.

There are plenty of mulberry bushes/trees here as well that I will start to mark and plan on digging up when it gets cold again.

In my process of scouting for stuff to dig up behind the body shop, I remembered there is a pecan tree back there that nobody ever does anything with, so I walk over to it, one eye on the ground looking for Mr. No Shoulders and when I get to it, I see at least a dozen pecans that are 24-36" tall. Going to mark those and get them when they are dormant as well. I will probably plant them directly at the property after digging them up as I suspect they are too big for 5 buckets for another year.

Anyone ever done stuff like this? Any suggestions when digging them up?

/ Finally got everything to the property #12  
Good idea on getting the snake boots, if its anything like what has grown up on my grandparents land you will need them. Just as I did. Have fun, and yes that is a great looking tractor! I want one!

Went back out there in the afternoon yesterday for about 5 hours and did some bush hogging and pruning of some trees. Probably mowed over stuff we shouldn't have, but the thing never skipped a beat. Bad day to be a gum tree :D

Supposed to meet with power company about getting electricity out there. No building permit or anything in hand, but planning on using the "gonna raise livestock" card and see what happens.

Here's a few pics...
Cell tower shots and then on to what we were doing. Mowing between pine rows that were thinned out a few years ago. Found a hickory tree in the midst of the pines and may cut some others down from near it to give it some more sunlight.

And the blackberries/juneberries are out there by the hundreds of thousands...can't wait for May/June to come now.

Attachments

• DSCN5011.jpg
    DSCN5011.jpg
    221.7 KB · Views: 171
  • DSCN5012.jpg
    DSCN5012.jpg
    376.2 KB · Views: 164
  • DSCN5017.jpg
    DSCN5017.jpg
    219.8 KB · Views: 149
  • DSCN5013.jpg
    DSCN5013.jpg
    224.9 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCN5019.jpg
    DSCN5019.jpg
    220.1 KB · Views: 170
  • DSCN5018.jpg
    DSCN5018.jpg
    224.5 KB · Views: 141
  • DSCN5015.jpg
    DSCN5015.jpg
    222.4 KB · Views: 178
  • DSCN5014.jpg
    DSCN5014.jpg
    218.1 KB · Views: 137
  • DSCN5020.jpg
    DSCN5020.jpg
    219 KB · Views: 145
  • DSCN5021.jpg
    DSCN5021.jpg
    576.7 KB · Views: 224
  • DSCN5022.jpg
    DSCN5022.jpg
    929.7 KB · Views: 220
   / Finally got everything to the property #15  
Sure wish I had some of that nice, flat ground around here! :laughing::laughing:

Looking good!

We're going to try our first attempt at planting a food plot or two in the next week or two. If weather is nice enough to go offshore, I'll be doing that, but otherwise will be out at the land planting some "Magic Carpet" from Wannamaker seed

Magic Carpet (Atomic soybeans, peas and buckwheat)

Put the seed out Tuesday and it should rain today. Fence drag we made up didn't work too well, so lightly disced it in.

Here is one of the plots we are doing. That's a sawtooth oak in the middle. This should be interesting... :eek:

Attachments

• DSCN5037.jpg
    DSCN5037.jpg
    903.4 KB · Views: 208
  • DSCN5040.jpg
    DSCN5040.jpg
    440.2 KB · Views: 196
   / Finally got everything to the property #18  
Sure wish I had some of that nice, flat ground around here! :laughing::laughing:

Looking good!

Ditto Irving!! Maybe we can export some granite! :D

Looks like a great project! Have fun!

Thanks, y'all

Will hopefully be getting power run to where we will end up building pole shed/house soon as well as getting a well dug.

/ Finally got everything to the property #20  
Put the seed out Tuesday and it should rain today. Fence drag we made up didn't work too well, so lightly disced it in.

Here is one of the plots we are doing. That's a sawtooth oak in the middle. This should be interesting... :eek:

Looks good. I hope we dry out here soon so I can start getting some of my plots in.