Finally installed fire extinguisher

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #32  
Hey give him a break...he's from South Texas water is scarce and expensive down there.:D

"water is scarce".....
Spoken by a guy who obviously has a LOT of experience with water.

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #33  
Can't quite tell from the picture, but if that is a plastic valve/handle type extinguisher, they are homeowner units that are built to meet a price point, and are generally considered unreliable because of the plastic valve/handle components.

CG approved marine model. Handles are metal.

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #34  
Inspired by this thread, I mounted one on my ROPS.

enhance

What is that pull button by the extinguisher? Is that some sort of quick release? If so, where did you get the mount? That seems like a good idea to get it off faster, because if something catches fire on a tractor you'd have to be quick to get the extinguisher off something on fire itself!

I've been thinking about mounting one in my Kubota L6060 cab. I haven't figured out a good place to put the mount so I haven't done it yet. I looked for examples a few months ago and didn't see any good ideas for inside a cab. I can't just sit one in there because everything bounces around so much. My luck the thing would discharge with me in the cab, lol.

Matt

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #35  
Now you just need to take a hole saw and drill holes in your various plastic panels so you can actually allow the fire extinguisher to get at a given fire.

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #36  
TnAndy's mount looks like one of these: FIRE EXTINGUISHER MOUNT BLACKFIREX-MNT-DAG
There's tons of clones on Amazon etc. Looks like a nice design. I think I'll get one for the tractor and one for the UTV.

Also, that looks like a drafting machine in TnAndys photo. I haven't seen one in quite a while.

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #37  
TnAndy's mount looks like one of these: FIRE EXTINGUISHER MOUNT BLACKFIREX-MNT-DAG
There's tons of clones on Amazon etc. Looks like a nice design. I think I'll get one for the tractor and one for the UTV.

Also, that looks like a drafting machine in TnAndys photo. I haven't seen one in quite a while.

Extinguisher mount: Amazon item = $28.69

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #38  

Yep...Amazon has a bunch of knock off versions. Comes with hose clamps to strap it around something like the roll bar, or has holes you can mount with self tapping screws to something if you prefer to go that route. Simple pull of the red knob releases the extinguisher and it holds it very securely with the knob engaged.

The drafting machine is leftover from my days teaching high school industrial arts. They were tossing them in the dumpster while changing over to CAD....I "rescued" that one and brought it home with me and have it set up on a board in my shop office.

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #39  
IMG_1324.JPG
IMG_1323.JPG
Vehicle mount from Amazon. Nice heavy steel made for easy mounting.

Kidde 408-368064 Fire Extinguisher Bracket, 5 lb. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00N4ZZBYI/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_xkFdEbKN3QV39

For a 5# fire extinguisher.

Installed with 3 square U-bolts. No drilling or cutting. Made rubber washers to back pull pin and clamp to make rattle free. Survived multiple tree limbs and bush hogging.

/ Finally installed fire extinguisher #40  
IMG_1349.JPG

Just bought another vehicle mount for a 5# fire extinguisher to upgrade the camper. $21.52 delivered from amazon. Adjustable to get a tight fit. Sturdy steel construction. Prices vary so watched till it dropped. These work well on my two tractors that see hard use.