Finally pulled the trigger

/ Finally pulled the trigger #1  

Aquabird

Silver Member
Tractor
Kubota MX 5400 HST 4wd
Well, after looking for a couple months now and reading on this forum as well as reading everything I could read on different tractors and different models, I finally got the deal done today.
The tractor and implements will be delivered tomorrow morning.
I started out to replace my 30 y.o. Ford 1520 hst with another Ford/New Holland, except slightly bigger tractor.
I went to the New Holland Dealer about 45 miles away and talked to him I Knew him from buying some implements off him.
He told me that he sold Kubota now and thought they were better suited for my needs. He said that New Holland mainly wanted to sell to farmers or commercial entities.
Anyway I looked at an L3301.
I went to the Ford dealer that I had originally bought my 1520 from and he steered me to a kioti.
I did not want to buy from that dealer as I had just had my Zero turn worked on there and was very disappointed in that work as well as the fact that they could not fix some issues I had when it was under warranty.
At any rate after looking at a Mahindra and then a Massey(which I liked), I visited another Kubota dealer when I looked at an L4701. I liked that, but that dealer steered me toward an MX5400. I really wanted the Turf tires on it and was not able to get those for over a month. I asked about the other tires someone on this site told me about, but they are not available on this model.
So, the tires and implements came in and I signed the paperwork today.
I got a Ground scraper and of course the FEL and a tiller.
I already have a finish mower and a rear blade.

/ Finally pulled the trigger #2  
Congratulations-now you can update your profile and get pictures. Hope this serves you well and long.

/ Finally pulled the trigger
Updated my tractor from my Ford 1520 but none of the implements came up.
Wished I knew how to post pics.
I am going to take some when he delivers it tomorrow.
Thanks Ken

Ed

/ Finally pulled the trigger #5  
Updated my tractor from my Ford 1520 but none of the implements came up.

There is plenty of room in the "Signature" portion of your T-B-N PROFILE.

Pictures, or you purchased a Prius ;)

Darn, nothing like pressure! A Prius? Yikes, I retired from Ford Motor Co. That is a hanging offense first off. Then on top of that there was a running joke in the plant about Prius owners....no offense to Prius owners, but you may have heard it.
Yeah, If I can figure out how to post pics here, there will be some on here.
I have posted a few online before but that was a long time ago on a different site.
Where can I read about doing it here?(posting pics.)

I just edited my signature. Not sure why nothing happened

I almost bought a Massey Ken. It was the same size as the MX5400. It had 125 hours on it, but the interest rate he quoted me was 6.25% and it would have been close to the price of the Kubota after all the payments were made. I would wanted to put a canopy on it and turf tires. The good thing would be that I would have 2 sets of tires.
I liked where you added fuel.

/ Finally pulled the trigger #9  
Congrats on your new investment :drink: glad you didn't have couple week wait time.

I did have a wait. Since July 1st I have been waiting. I told them what I wanted way before that, but did not give them anything down to order the tires.
Oh well, the wait will be over Friday.