Finally pulled the trigger

/ Finally pulled the trigger
Yeah and I think some of the buckets weigh more than others. I have the square back bucket. Even if I take 1719 off the 5280 that still leaves almost 300lbs more. Might be fluids? Oh wait, I was on the tractor when I weighed it. 170lbs. That is about right.

/ Finally pulled the trigger #42  
Here's a Rimguard Fill Chart that's handy to save. Answers a lot of questions regarding fill capacity of various tires. Remember, Rimguard is heavier than water. So when you do the math keep that in mind and use the appropriate number, i.e., 8.34lbs p/gallon of water.

Attachments

• Rimguard tire fill chart.pdf
    66.8 KB · Views: 105
   / Finally pulled the trigger #43  
Here's a Rimguard Fill Chart that's handy to save. Answers a lot of questions regarding fill capacity of various tires. Remember, Rimguard is heavier than water. So when you do the math keep that in mind and use the appropriate number, i.e., 8.34lbs p/gallon of water.

Interesting chart. The chart says that an R1 (ag) 17.5L-24 tire holds 55 gallons of Rimguard (assuming 75% fill). However they say to multiply the gallon figure by 80% for radial tires. Are my R4 tires radials? I have no idea. If the 80% rule applies then they hold only 44 gallons, at 10.7 lbs per gallon, or 470.8 lbs/tire, vs. ~589 for 55 gallon tires. Either way nowhere near the 800 lbs I was previously using in my calculations.

Messicks has a similar chart Liquid Tire Ballast Chart that doesn't disgintinguish between R1 and R4, it just says 55 gallons for the 17.5L-24 tires. Sounds like that's the most I can assume for added tire fill weight.

/ Finally pulled the trigger #44  
I'm not sure why Rimguard says 80% for radials. No one else does.

A quick look at your tire size stamped on the sidewall will tell you if they are radial. There will be an "R" in the size designation. Reading the fine print on the sidewall will also tell you but it's easier to just read the size.

Most fill charts are for AG tires (R1). I would think there'd be a difference between R1 and R4. But I've never investigated that.

For those wanting/needing added weight, tire fluid is the cheapest way to get it.

I would NEVER use corrosive material such as Calcium Chloride.

Rimguard can create a problem if used in tubeless tires. It is slimy slick like snot. Have heard several reports of the tire coming loose from the rim and dropping out all the Rimguard because of this issue.

Cheapest is plain water if freezing isn't a problem.

Next cheapest is windshield washer fluid if freezing is an issue.

So after mowing again with the new tractor and moving some dirt, I am happy that i did not buy a smaller tractor.

/ Finally pulled the trigger #46  
I am finalizing my deal on a new mx 5400 cab tractor with loader, 3rd function and 2 sets of rear remotes with all the cab upgrades that are available. it looks like a great deal. trading in my 2003 TC 45D New Holland. I will post some more info on the deal after I finalize it tomorrow or Thursday morning. Kubota has a very very good rebate going on right now on these tractors!!!

Good, let us know how you like the new tractor. The more I use mine, the more I like it.
Hope you get a good deal. What is it you want to do with the tractor?
I had a basement poured recently and they dumped the extra cement in my stone driveway. I was gonna use my grading scraper on it, but wanted to get that cement out first.
I got my loader under it and then used a sledge hammer to break it up a bit, threw it in the loader and hauled it away.

/ Finally pulled the trigger #48  
I am finalizing my deal on a new mx 5400 cab tractor with loader, 3rd function and 2 sets of rear remotes with all the cab upgrades that are available. it looks like a great deal. trading in my 2003 TC 45D New Holland. I will post some more info on the deal after I finalize it tomorrow or Thursday morning. Kubota has a very very good rebate going on right now on these tractors!!!

Durf, would you care to share what the very good rebate deal is that's going on? Thanks!

/ Finally pulled the trigger #49  
Durf, would you care to share what the very good rebate deal is that's going on? Thanks!

20% off MSRP with all the kubota options and everything that you want for L series and MX series along with others right now.... i'm saving 10k. I have the contract already in hand with discount, just waiting on 1 more dealer to see if they can beat my trade in allowance.. sign up to be a member of the national cutting horse association for free and you qualify for it! crazy deal!

Yikes, too late for me now.