Finally replaced old truck

/ Finally replaced old truck #1  

gsganzer

Elite Member
Tractor
L3800 w/FEL and BH77, BX 2200 w/FEL and MMM
I finally broke down and replaced my old 89 K2500 with a new Ford F-150 FX4 crew cab with ecoboost. It'll be my wifes daily driver. I've always been a GM person, but I must say that the Ford with ecoboost is hard to beat. I can't believe how loaded trucks are today, although I probably wont be happy when I need to replace 20" tires. The only bad thing is the bed is only 5 and a half feet, what were they thinking? You can get a 6 and a half foot model, but they're harder than hens teeth to find. I'll just pull a trailer if I need to haul anything larger. Amazing deals, $10700 off MSRP. Now back to figuring out all the gadgets!

/ Finally replaced old truck #2  
Congrats on the new truck.Quite a jump from a 1989,technology is amazing today.

/ Finally replaced old truck #3  
Congratulations on the new ride. Those new Fords are nice. Don't forget to post some pictures :)

/ Finally replaced old truck #4  
Congrats. The ecoboost has been good to me. Do you plan on putting that power to work or just like the extra oomph?

/ Finally replaced old truck #6  
See if you still have the ecoboost 26 years from now.

/ Finally replaced old truck #7  
It's strange with all the Ford Eco TV advertising they fail to mention the fuel mileage! ????
Dodge is advertising an Eco PU and are not afraid to state mileage!

/ Finally replaced old truck #8  
Enjoy - Never drove one but they say the power is great!

/ Finally replaced old truck #9  
Congrats on the new truck. You will probably be surprised at how little you really need a truck with a long bed. Don't listen to the haters.

/ Finally replaced old truck #10  
I'm not trying to pick a fight here, and don't want to be grouped into the "hater" category, but I use all 8' of my bed.

Nothing cracks me up more than seeing a "load" of firewood in a 5.5' bed. Sure got a lot of HP under the hood to move 1/2 the wood.

Like you say, good thing it'll pull a trailer.