First Regen Experience

/ First Regen Experience #41  
Your statement is completely true, however, there is a huge difference between normal wear, excessive wear and premature failure.
I did not say there would be no wear, I'm saying that normal wear would not be different on a tractor engine that is run at 2000 RPM for 3000 hrs and a tractor engine run at 2800 RPM for 3000 hrs.

Race cars are a completely different story and Jet engines are not an ICE.....
Sorry but you will have increased wear, that is a FACT. The additional 800 rpm for 3000 hrs creates wear, whether or not its normal, excessive or an event that occurs that results in premature failure, wear occurs. A diesel or gas or JP4 burner all have an element of friction the wears on the engine. More RPM, more wear, faster wear, friction is the reason why we don't perpetual motion machines. We can mitigate friction to a certain extent by the application of of various approaches, ball bearings, better tolerances, blueprinting and a host of things to extend the life cycle, all of those can be for naught if a premature event occurs.

To say tractor engines are different, I don't see that, they may and most likely do operate within a difference set of parameters...my John Deere would never run down the Interstate 10 out my my place with its 80 MPH speed limit and my F 350 would never crawl around all day at 5 mph, but that is a product of design, cam profiles, gear sets, cooling, stroke etc etc.

/ First Regen Experience #42  
I still get a kick out of people that think semi trucks don't run wide open for long periods of time, lol.
I get a kick out of johnthomas saying he has "bought 20 new kubotas"...which just makes me wonder what he is doing to them to make them not longer worth keeping! I can completely understand owning that many tractors, because I currently own about that many, but only because I am selling off my old tractor collection, and am down to 20. My latest purchase, a Kubota M7040, which is how I ended up on this orange post, is almost the same size as my John Deere, is large enough to pick up his tractor off the ground with it's FEL. My 6500 pound John Deere, while getting old, still handles the chores assigned it it. I was just looking for a bigger bush hog when I came across the Kubota. Found both, and some more.
Hope all of y'all have a really great time with your tractors, never have any emission problems, and WOT doesn't make it wear out.
David from jax

/ First Regen Experience #43  
All i see here is opinions, and no proven facts from anyone.

/ First Regen Experience #44  
I'm wondering if I got the facts correctly here: You're a mental health counselor, Almost true, I retired a year ago after selling my 21 rental units and that retirement is after retiring from Teaching College and being a Real Estate Broker for several years and working for Uncle Sam and working for the Ky Caterpillar Dealer. Also still do my own Kubota service workadvising dysfunctional people in life-changing decisions True again I did it for the Gvmnt for almost 28 years and privately for about 15 years alnog with other "jobs/activities" being able to multitask and yet you need Steve Barlow to tell you what tractor to buy after purchasing 20 new ones?
I have no shame about taking the advise from someone that has operated, owned and sold thousands of Kubota and other brand tractors for almost as many years as I've been alive and I've owned a few. Yep, I'll always listen to someone with actual hands on experience that also has shown me they are trustworthy.

All i see here is opinions, and no proven facts from anyone.

Finally we agree on something else besides the abilities of the Kubota BX25/23. See how no personal attack of someone you don't personally know seems more appropriate on a tractor forum instead of personal attacks, charges and accusations for which you know nothing other than an "opinion" based on theory with no facts and not saying "you" did this. You have access to all of your posts to see if you strayed from "opinion" to implying that your stating facts and surely nothing "personal". I accept your "opinion" with out "attacking" you personally and not even sure I've said you are "wrong" about anything but that could have been picked up when I said something contrary to your "opinions" or statements of "fact". I have and still do accept actual experience with an actual specific item vs "I heard" or "knew a guy" or have always believed or statements cloaked as factual from someone with no actual experience. Someone stating an experience they had still doesn't mean it applies to all machines but I like considering other peoples experience and "opinions" as long as they state it's an opinion and not based on their actual experience if it isn't. There are thousands of individuals here on TBN that have actual experience with actual tractors but alas, there are also many that troll and spout that don't have the actual experience but lots of "opinions" stated as facts. Now back to the thread titled ......Wait for it......... First Regen Experience

/ First Regen Experience #45  
John,
ALL forums on the internet are equal, as they ALL contain mostly opinions, and are rarely based on "real data or facts".
I take any forum with a grain of salt. It dosen`t matter if its a tractor, truck, car, or even a firearm forum.
Words from what a wise man once said to me very long ago... never believe anything you read, and only believe half of what you see.

Now back to the re-gen thread... emissions suck, the EPA needs to be less involved on some things.
Climate change has been happening for millions of years, it will continue to change long after we`re gone.
The problem with climate change, is that people are making money off from it, and THAT my friend, will NEVER change.

/ First Regen Experience #46  
Speaking of facts vs opinions, what do the newer owners/operators manuals say regarding recommended RPMs? Maybe that is where the division is happening here. Did manufacturers change the manuals to accommodate the newer tier 4 engines? Do they now recommend you run the engines at high RPS to avoid issues? That would certainly be a negative for the newer engines.
I've checked my manuals for pre tier 4 engines and none of them have anything to say regarding how to run the engine, other than break-in periods. For the first 50 hours they say not to run the engine at higher RPMs, some saying mid RPM or lower, for the first 50 hours of use.

/ First Regen Experience #47  
Speaking of facts vs opinions, what do the newer owners/operators manuals say regarding recommended RPMs? Maybe that is where the division is happening here. Did manufacturers change the manuals to accommodate the newer tier 4 engines? Do they now recommend you run the engines at high RPS to avoid issues? That would certainly be a negative for the newer engines.
I've checked my manuals for pre tier 4 engines and none of them have anything to say regarding how to run the engine, other than break-in periods. For the first 50 hours they say not to run the engine at higher RPMs, some saying mid RPM or lower, for the first 50 hours of use.

GREAT QUESTION...!!!!!
Maybe someone could copy/paste BOTH manuals in here so people can read the difference...!

/ First Regen Experience #48  
Regen is for sure not as perfected as it eventually Will be, and I do thank those that are using the existing systems to report on what is working and how there are some rework problems that dealers and manufactures are trying to correct and thus Leading to a more reliable cleaner operating system... We have came a long way from the old single cylinder hit 'n miss engines of the past, progress is generally always improving what we have and How we use it...
...As to the influence of EPA, I for one appreciate any effort put forth to improve the environment we are living in and are leaving for our kids and grandkids to live in...

/ First Regen Experience #49  
As to the influence of EPA, I for one appreciate any effort put forth to improve the environment we are living in and are leaving for our kids and grandkids to live in...

Kenny,
The EPA has WAY WAYY WAYYY TO MUCH POWER... they are forcing farrrrr to many things down our throats, and there is no stopping them with your kind of thinking. Thats pure dictatorship buddie...! People like YOU that allow all this EPA crap to keep festering, by using the kid & grandkid excuse, shame on you.

The additional employee labor expense (& additional engineering) that companies spend, just to comply with false climate claims, more and more rules and regulations gets passed on down to the customer. In the end, we pay twice what things should actually cost just because of time and money spent on mandated laws against us. Its nothing more than a LIBERAL AGENDA...!!!!

For instance, how much money IS lost to make these tractors comply with these worthless mandated emissions regulations.... and it all got paid for by you.... where does it stop.

Emission`s on a tractor.... just plain simply ridiculous.

/ First Regen Experience #50  
Hey, I'm all for keeping the environment as clean as possible also, even if it costs me as few dollars more. We must think of future generations! That said, anyone who truly cares about the environment should be looking at the big picture which is never going to be addressed.. And that is limits on population growth. How much longer before this planet will be outstripped of it's ability to feed the multitudes. Perhaps not in my lifetime, but certainly in that of my grandchildren. And no of our "leaders" even discuss it! More people, more housing, more housing, less farmland, less habitat for wild animals. More power plants to run our hair dryers and coffee makers .. you get the point...

In any case, does anyone remember the automobiles of the 1970's, when government mandated emission controls made cars run worse than they ever had in the past? Vehicles would not shut off, run-on from preignition, decel valves, you name it. Technology was not ready for the changes demanded. Today's gasoline engines run better than ever before, and I suppose much cleaner. The same will happens with diesels. The government imposes restrictions that the industry is not prepared for, and wants results NOW, so the manufacturers look for the cheapest, and easiest solutions. The consumers pay for it, as usual!

I'm glad I've got a pre Tier IV tractor, and I'm not one of the folks stuck with cobbled up emission devices. The manufacturers will get it right, and that will be good for all of us, but we're not there yet!