First repair that needs to be completed on my new LS3025H

/ First repair that needs to be completed on my new LS3025H
The wet brake system is the same for all Sub Compact and Compact tractors for LS. I am not sure on the Utility tractors though since you have an XU. My guess is they should be real close in design.

On the Sub Compact and Compact tractors, the wet brakes consist of stator disks and brake disks which are layered together. The outside of the brake assembly rides on the casing of the final drive assembly which I have plenty of those pictures you can see. The inner side of the brake assembly gets its braking power from what they call the actuating assembly. It contains actuating disks, return springs that keep tension on the actuating disks and steel balls. The actuating disks contain ramp pockets in which the steel balls ride during the braking process. The springs hold the actuating disk together while "actuating links" the rods connected to the foot brake pedal is attached to the brake actuating lever on the side of the transmission. It is this actuating lever that gives you a real pain and the neck in taking off the final drive hub assembly.

This is my first "tractor" service manual, so I don't have anything to compare it to or any other manufacture of tractors. But I can say I have book shelves full of automobile manuals and "LS" has a long way to go before being on par with how United States produces a mechanical service manual. Don't get me wrong, it is a really good book and if you or anybody plans on working on their tractor. I would not work on it till I had the service manual. LS does provide some good stuff like clear colored pictures and useful pictures of main critical items such as fuse blocks, sensors and critical components. These pictures show you exactly where these items are on the tractor specific to the item in question.

What LS manuals lack in our, step by step instructions of what I think are key steps. Example, LS gives steps on the final drive assembly tear down and rebuild, but not how to take the final drive assembly "OFF" the tractor. Same goes for the engine and transmission. LS doesn't show you how to split the tractor. I understand a mechanic should and would know basic stuff, but its the small procedures that help in LS tractor dis assemblies that would make the work go much smoother. For most of the small dealerships, they are not going to have the time to attend LS training on all the sub systems. I am willing to bet if a dealership were to send their mechanic to LS mechanic training, they would teach them all the critical areas that are specific to LS tear downs.

So in my case, not only did my dealer not know because I am the first LS owner to have this problem, but the couple of mechanics Scott spoke to with LS service department. They didn't really know either. Looking at the same service manual I am looking at and giving advice, is not the same as a mechanic that was trained on exactly how to disassemble the final drive assembly or has done it themselves.

This is why I believe forums like this amazing forum can be so powerful and truly helpful for tractor owners for years and years to come. We are all a family of tractor owners who share a passion on using tractors everyday. Even though we all may have a certain color or model we are biased towards, we are all proud owners who spent our hard earned money in hopes on a great built machine to do the tasks we ask of them to do on our homesteads. But when they break down, this can be very disappointing, gut wrenching and messes with our minds. Causes you to second guess your decisions to buy XYZ brand and model. In which none will resolve your current situation. The fact is machines are very complex and no design or manufacture is perfect. But we can all band together as brothers and sisters in this great community to help each other resolve and solve problems with our tractors.

Whenever you document, take pics or videos and write up a step by step guide on repairing a tractor. It takes a lot more time than just doing it. But in my case, If I can just help one member resolve and fix their tractor that had the same problem that mine had, that's what I believe makes this forum so special. Thank you 3Lfarms for taking the time to read my thread, I am glad you gained some useful knowledge and gave me support.

/ First repair that needs to be completed on my new LS3025H #32  
Wishbone, I'd like to pick your brain just a tad......

I will be getting a tractor fairly soon. Hopefully this Spring and I'm looking at a couple different models.

One is a XG3140. I'm just wondering if I can get by on a 3025.

Do you ever feel like you wish you had more power? Seems like a lot of tractor for a 25HP engine to move effectively.

The cost difference is around $3 - 4k depending on the dealer. Not enough to bankrupt me but I do have some Dutch blood in me

I think a lot of the cost is in the engine -- Turbochargers ain't cheap. I don't mind paying for one of those. Love 'em.

But I do mind paying for the EPA-Mandated DPF pollution nonsense. And that is definitely not cheap.

OTOH, LS is using older, but proven, out-sourced engines in their under-25HP tractors and technology costs money. I like the idea of newer technology.

Anyway, just wanted your comments on the power, or lack thereof, on the 3025. And does the three range transmission off-set the lack of engine HP?

Thanks in advance

Great questions,

I cannot see or remember which tractor you had before. So the first question is how big and heavy was your previous tractor? How much horsepower did it have? What did you use it for? Since you sold your old tractor, why did you sell it? When buying a new tractor, how important is it that you do not have to deal with computers and REGEN?

These are the main questions I have for you in which will answer your question. Here is why.

My tractor being the LS 3025H without the back hoe on it but with the sub frame on it just tops 3000lbs. So on the lighter side of the compact tractors. So to put more weight on the tractor you can add fluid to the tires and or weights to front or rear. Either and both are great options. I purchased this tractor mainly for my own property in which is only 1 acre. I use my tractor daily and I currently have almost 120 hours in only a couple of months. I use the back hoe as well as the FEL a ton. But I also use my box blade, auger hole digger, forks and the rototiller as well. I am doing a write up of the rear remotes in which I believe are critical if you want to use rear attachments and the back hoe. The tractor came with a mickey mouse back hoe hydraulic set up from factory.

If you are using attachments like mine, you don't need anymore horsepower PERIOD! The 25 ponies is able to supply all the power you will need to do all of these tasks. Since my tractor is the hydrostat, it does take some power away from the PTO, however in all of my attachments it has not needed anymore than what it is currently producing. If you are going to run a finish mower and or brush mower, you just have to make sure you are getting a cutter the manual says the size you should have for this tractor. I really love the hydrostat feature. My last tractor was manual and I use my FEL every day all day long. But if you do more long distance work on acreage, than a shuttle shift could be a much better fit.

If you are going to be doing any farm work that requires plows in the ground, you would definitely want to be in a 40 horse power range and up. But if you are only doing tasks above ground 25 horse power is all you need. The huge bonus for me was NOT wanting computers that could go bad down the road and or the REGEN issues that come along with having computers. This motor is an LS motor and is a tried and proven system that will give thousands of hours of trouble free performance when you do the simple maintenance. I was just told by LS last week when discussing the rear remote issues and the repair on the tractor. LS told me the XG3025 is the #1 seller out of ALL their models and that says something about the tractor. It fits "most" tractor owners needs. Now the only question is, after you answer all of the questions I asked you, is the XG3025 the tractor that fits your needs. Let me know if you have anymore questions.

Oh and I "would buy" this tractor again if I had to do it all over again. The tractor comes with many features that the others don't, however, I can easily see where they scrimped on to keep the value of this model competitive for now. I believe LS WILL raise the price of this model if not next year, within a couple of years. You get sooo much for this price. The only things I wished this tractor had was a MUCH better premium seat with a shock underneath and armrests. The second issue would be tilted steering wheel, and the third which is not a big issue with me but a creature comfort would be the FEL joy stick on the fender like the model up. I hope this helps and if you have anymore questions, please do not hesitate.

Last edited:
   / First repair that needs to be completed on my new LS3025H #34  
Would an XR seat fit on an XG model?

attachment.php

That is a good question. I haven’t seen one up close.

/ First repair that needs to be completed on my new LS3025H #36  
That is a good question. I haven’t seen one up close.

I googled for seats and they weren't real specific as to what fit what....... At all. I found some for Ford but with no firsthand experience and not being able to look at the brackets and fitment points on the tractor itself, I'd only be guessing. Not good.

Since I've read several people complaining about the LS seats designed by Tomas de Torquemada, it would be interesting in learning what, if anything, can be done to improve/replace/upgrade those seats.

It's kinda what this time of year is for

ground-day-winter-memes-1.jpg

/ First repair that needs to be completed on my new LS3025H #37  
Most seats are Universal, you just have to make sure that the bolt pattern matches ( and many of them have multiple bolt patterns).

Aaron Z

There are 4 bolts that go into the transmission casing. The biggest issue I can see is the seat height with the upgraded shock seat, but I could be wrong. Without looking at one up close its hard to tell.

/ First repair that needs to be completed on my new LS3025H #39  
There are 4 bolts that go into the transmission casing. The biggest issue I can see is the seat height with the upgraded shock seat, but I could be wrong. Without looking at one up close its hard to tell.
The shock seat on our Kubota L3830 adds about 4" to the seat height.

Aaron Z

/ First repair that needs to be completed on my new LS3025H #40