First time jacking tractor rear end.

/ First time jacking tractor rear end. #11  
Pick up the rear with a floor Jack. Place Jack stand under axle and lower it down being sure to get the axle into the u on the stand.
I use my 3 ton floor Jack.

/ First time jacking tractor rear end. #12  
I would plug that tire and go on about my business. You can get many more years out of those tires.
Elevate the "offending" tire and plug it. No need to even remove the tire/wheel.
Ditto those rear tires would work for me. My Ford 6700 has raked many 100 acres pulling my 14 wheel rake with rear tires than the cleats were almost worn off with tire carcass for many years.

/ First time jacking tractor rear end. #13  
I like floor jacksless chance something going wrong.

/ First time jacking tractor rear end. #14  
Important to know, very important, that lifting tractors is completely different than cars or pickups.
The front is not supported by the front wheels at the corners, its supported by the front axle pivot bolt at the center.
If the whole rear is lifted at the center, you've got the whole thing balanced on the jack and the front axle pivot bolt.
If it starts leaning to one side, you're in big trouble in a hurry.
And obviously, the bigger tractor the bigger challenge.

If at all possible, only jack up the rear on one side at a time and leave the other side wheel in place for stability
If the whole rear lift is necessary, two jacks, one on each axle is best.
The challenge there is that you may not have enough room for a jack and a jack stand on each axle.

I have used a single jack at the center with stands at the axles, but it gets tricky.
A helper, or two are needed to keep raising the stands or adding dunnage.
And filling in a 1/2" of space or less.
If the tractor starts to lean over to the right, the jack and stands will get spit out to the left.

/ First time jacking tractor rear end. #15  
A round point shovel is your friend with big tires. Use as a huck bar.

/ First time jacking tractor rear end.
Well I could not find a tire service that will come to me. I spoke to my tire man in town and the plan is to keep the tire. He will put a boot and use a new tube. So I will have to remove this wheel and take it to town.

I'm certainly learning a lot regarding lifting this tractor. I’ve given thought to many of the points made here. I’m not in favor of lifting from the center due to the instability I will face. So I favor lifting the axle on left side while keeping 3 wheels on the ground. I will have a helper while doing the work. I will definitely go slow and study the lift as I progress. It going to be interesting.

Today I wil place the trailer for the transport and hope to do the lift tomorrow. Thanks all for all the help.

/ First time jacking tractor rear end. #17  
I don't think I would support the tractor under those lower arm brackets. I'm a little gun shy though... Last summer I snapped one off on my Kubota. Totally different circumstances however.

I would also plug that tire and get another 20 years out of it.
+1

Well success!!

This morning as I walked to the tractor and looked at it, I had one of those “ why didn’t I think of that before moments” What I saw is that my tractor has a FEL support that sticks out and is even with the inside sidewall of the front tire. A jack stand under that support would stop the leaning concern that I had.

So I just moved one jack stand to the FEL support and made a test lift of about 2 inches on the jack piston. Sure enough the jack stand was supporting the tractor right side. The real surprise was that I found the left wheel was clear of the ground. Hooray!

I called a friend to come to help with getting the wheel off. The lift only required a piston extension of just 1 inch for the wheel to clear the ground. We rolled it on the trailer and it does get heavy once it leans off of vertical.

I’m sure with the tire repaired and full of air I may have to lift the tractor a bit more. I also believe what really helped was my placing the tractor almost level left to right. Right side was just 1 inch higher than the left side. That was my starting point.

It sure will be great getting my tractor running again. Again thanks to all. It was good information and a good learning experience for me. Plus you all saved me a ton of money.

2C331C0B-1C6D-46A7-A922-807B3EB0CF3D.jpegAC35822B-2B23-483F-97EF-9E64B74B75C9.jpeg

My tire trouble didn’t end with the tractor tire. This morning I went to take the tractor tire to town and my RR tire on my trailer was flat. The tire was good but the valve stem failed. Another tire for the work order.

The tire service man and my friend from yesterday are both super strong. They both handled that wheel as if it were an auto wheel. I tried lifting that wheel today and I could not move it an inch. A sign I have a young mind but an old body.

Here is a picture of my torque wrench extension I made to torque the lug nuts. A bit heavy but it worked. I set the wrench to 95 ft. Lbs. and it torqued the lug nuts at 350 ft. Lbs.

59F63BA3-B98B-4F7B-A645-DDEF0D4F82F0.jpeg

/ First time jacking tractor rear end. #20  
My tire trouble didn’t end with the tractor tire. This morning I went to take the tractor tire to town and my RR tire on my trailer was flat. The tire was good but the valve stem failed. Another tire for the work order.

The tire service man and my friend from yesterday are both super strong. They both handled that wheel as if it were an auto wheel. I tried lifting that wheel today and I could not move it an inch. A sign I have a young mind but an old body.

Here is a picture of my torque wrench extension I made to torque the lug nuts. A bit heavy but it worked. I set the wrench to 95 ft. Lbs. and it torqued the lug nuts at 350 ft. Lbs.

View attachment 746336
How did you calculate that out?
I made a extension to get 300 ft/lb off a 150 wrench.
It was 14.something inches@ something less than 150 setting (closer to 130 maybe?)
That picture just seems like its way out of whack.