Flail Mower Recommendations

/ Flail Mower Recommendations #1  

JustinE

Bronze Member
I'm looking for a somewhat budget friendly, hopefully it $4k, hydraulic flail mower that's around 6' wide. I'm torn between the Titan, Woodmaxx, and Betstco mowers.

Which would you recommend or is there something else about the same price range you'd recommend over these?

/ Flail Mower Recommendations #2  
I am considering Del Morino flails which are in the ballpark of these other brands, if a little on the high end of your quoted price range. Del Morino gets pretty good reviews on the web and You Tube. However, the Bestco appears to be a pretty careful copy of the Del Morino so maybe they are decent.

/ Flail Mower Recommendations #3  
I am on my 3rd year with a Betstco flail. Quite happy sofar

/ Flail Mower Recommendations #4  
Had my FM62 Woodmaxx since 2017 and it gets used a few times a year. No issues. I got it with Y knives and I mow my lawn with it and cut tall grass and small brush it with. Does striping equal to a baseball field when done right.

Picked mine up right from them and they are very good people to work with!

I run it on a BX2200 too.

/ Flail Mower Recommendations #5  
I purchased the woodsmaxx 62 couple years ago
So far great behind our B2601

Have the Y blades

/ Flail Mower Recommendations #6  
I have the del Marino 60” offset flail I run it on a John Deere 1025r and I have been very happy with it runs very smooth and dosen’t bog down my tractor un less in very heavy brush

/ Flail Mower Recommendations
Right now, these are the units I'm looking at.

/ Flail Mower Recommendations #8  
I have the Bestco 48" HD with hammers and all good after over a year of some heavy work. One set of belts and regular grease is all it needs.

/ Flail Mower Recommendations #9  
Check out Nova Tractor's offerings. I'm running their 7' MXZ flail, which actually IS heavy-duty (use caution when approaching stuff that's labeled such as most is nowhere near being heavy-duty). The MXZ is an absolute beast (1,200 #): I'm a bit under-powered (min HP is 60, I'm 55), but still am able to work with it. Maybe check out their MFZ model (compare to the others).

Everything that you could ever want to know about flails is (or is likely) covered in this massive thread: Flail Mower - Let's talk flail mowers

/ Flail Mower Recommendations #10  
Go with a Betsco, they are Italian made. I have a palletforks one....even tho it has worked good, they don't have any spare parts what so ever available.
As much as I would like to say my Bestco mower was made in Italy, I think your referring to Befco.