Ford 1210 tear down and repair

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair
The 1510 has finally made it home. A few arrival snap shots.

IMG_1711.JPG

IMG_1710.JPG

IMG_1713.JPG

I've never had a loader before, so it will be a steep learning curve for me. I've searched the net for any info on this Allied 180 loader, but couldn't find anything. One of my first orders of business will be to remove it so I can do a full service on the tractor.

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair #173  
Hello,
Nice project.
Did you sell the 1210? Just curious.
I have a Ford 1210 also. Bought it on my birthday back in 1988. Love this little beast. :drink:
It's amazing what this tractor can do.

Rams
Frankfort, KY

Last edited:
No, I still have it. Have to have a tractor for every implement...right?

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair #175  
Heck yes.

Curious about the attachments you have?

I have a RM59 Woods mower, a platform (homemade), a boom (also homemade), a 5' box blade, a 5' three point rotatable blade and just bought a Ford 702a front blade for it. I've been looking for a Ford 768 Loader for quite a while but, haven't been able to locate one that isn't either already attached to a tractor and out of my price range or already beyond being usable/repairable. But, I continue my quest.

I'd also would like to find a Ford 105a Tiller and a Ford 715 snow blower. I don't really need most of this but, it's kind of like that Tonka Toy farm set I got as a four year old at Christmas. It's part of the set and, I want it all. Thought about getting a Ford 757a Back Hoe attachment but, I really can't justify it. Doesn't matter though, if I found a good one at the right price, it would be mine. ;)

Will be cutting up one of my two engine hoists in the very near future to build a three point hoist for the back of my Ford 1210. Thinking that if I could find a good used snow blower, I might try to adapt it to be front mounted and use it with a copy of the 702a blade sub-frame. Yeah, I'm full of ideas (my wife claims it's another natural made substance) but, I lack the lottery winnings to fulfill my dreams. It is, what it is. ;)

Rams :drink:

What implements do you have.

Last edited:
The 1210 will be used to haul trailer loads of firewood up to the house. Also building a carry all for it. I’ve found the box blade, and York rake are just a bit too much for my 1210 because of the hard pack clay and stone we have here. They will be used on the 1510 if I can ever get it running again :(

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair #177  
Cool. Gonna have to investigate what a York Rake is. I may know it by a different name but won't know till I see a picture. Good luck with the 1510.

Google is my friend. Found a picture of a York Rake. Very similar to what we called a Spring Tooth back on the farm.

Rams

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair #178  
..........I've been looking for a Ford 768 Loader for quite a while but, haven't been able to locate one that isn't either already attached to a tractor and out of my price range or already beyond being usable/repairable. But, I continue my quest............

In case you are not able to find a Ford loader, this post should lead you to someone who can make you their own design.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/196284-my-new-coldwater-front-end.html

:wink:

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair #179  
In case you are not able to find a Ford loader, this post should lead you to someone who can make you their own design.

http://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/attachments/196284-my-new-coldwater-front-end.html

:wink:

Yeppers, read that thread a while back and it is a consideration. Would really like to have the original Ford version though. The truth is, I really don't have much use for such a loader but, I'd like to have one. One of those "boy toys" things according to my Spousal Unit. ;)

/ Ford 1210 tear down and repair #180  
....... Would really like to have the original Ford version though........)

Yes, I know what you mean.

I bought my 1310 used over 15 years ago - it came with Ford 770A loader and it fits really well, also the hydraulics are a nice fit.

Had to kill some rust in few spots, repaint and replace couple of rusted sections of steel hydraulic lines.

It was used as a horse manure loader by the previous owner.....:shhh: