Ford 2000 Engine Seized

/ Ford 2000 Engine Seized #21  
I buy it online. PB Blaster is really good and in every auto parts store......butttttt K is better...when you need the best to solve the stubborn problem.

/ Ford 2000 Engine Seized
I did say 1.5 years and jtmay have been 2 or 2.5, but nothing crazy. I've only owned it 6 or 7 years myself, and ran it all the time every year, and just parked it a year ago to never try to start it again till now.

Right now I've got whatever is left from the ATF I couldn't suck out and a bit of Sea Foam Deep Creep soaking in the cylinders. Still no luck breaking it loose yet, 10 days in. Also having trouble moving it too much in neutral as well, so it might be i just don't have enough ass to break it loose when in gear, with where it's sitting. If I still don't have luck in a couple days, I may try to hook my truck up to it at engine idle to see if that will do anything.

/ Ford 2000 Engine Seized #25  
I've always had my best success with a breaker bar on the crank pulley. Think of it this way. When you pull it you are trying to get the rings to go past where it is seized on the cylinder wall because the engine is only going to spin one way. If you manually spin the crankshaft bolt and can even get the engine to rotate back even 1/4" that spot is now lubed before you try and run the piston rings and skirt past it. I also have the plugs out so I'm not fighting against a compression stroke on the engine.

I've always had my best success with a breaker bar on the crank pulley. Think of it this way. When you pull it you are trying to get the rings to go past where it is seized on the cylinder wall because the engine is only going to spin one way. If you manually spin the crankshaft bolt and can even get the engine to rotate back even 1/4" that spot is now lubed before you try and run the piston rings and skirt past it. I also have the plugs out so I'm not fighting against a compression stroke on the engine.
Man, I would much rather throw a breaker bar on the crank and would have done this a week ago if I realized this was possible? I couldn't feel a nut in the crank pulley, but there is one? Do I need to remove the front white cover to access it?

FWIW, I have been removing the plugs when trying to free her, and only putting back in a couple threads when done to prevent trash from getting in the motor when I'm done.

/ Ford 2000 Engine Seized #27  
Should be able to get to it from underneath between the engine and radiator. There definitely should be bolt tucked way under there inside the crank pulley. You'll definitely need an extension on the socket and it's usually a larger socket from 1" to 1 1/4". Some older tractors have a cutout in the grill so you could run a socket through to adjust valves but from pic I looked at the 2000 doesn't look to have that.

Crawl under the tractor with a mirror and look inside the main pulley you should see a bolt head that can give you another spot to work the engine.

Fantastic, I appreciate it! I will definitely be checking this out tonight. Breaker bars are always so much easier

/ Ford 2000 Engine Seized #29  
Keep us posted.

/ Ford 2000 Engine Seized #30  
a friend of mine just freed up an old farm tractor using PB Blaster.

tractor is now up and running. Unit had a missing exhaust flapper and after a few years outdoors......oh well.