Front Axle Filler Plug Size (socket to use)

/ Front Axle Filler Plug Size (socket to use) #1  

Sooner79

Tractor
Branson 2515H
On a 15 series, what size socket is used to remove the front axle fill plug? Thanks.

/ Front Axle Filler Plug Size (socket to use) #2  
24 or 27MM but I'll check later today, in an hour or so.

Doesn't Branson include a Branson labeled bag with a bunch of tools and small grease gun with the tractor in the US? Over here they send a nice bag with the manual and a bunch of tools. About the cheapest tools but still handy to have and I keep them in the toolbox with the tractor.

/ Front Axle Filler Plug Size (socket to use) #3  
24 or 27MM but I'll check later today, in an hour or so.

Doesn't Branson include a Branson labeled bag with a bunch of tools and small grease gun with the tractor in the US? Over here they send a nice bag with the manual and a bunch of tools. About the cheapest tools but still handy to have and I keep them in the toolbox with the tractor.
No! But we may get a hat. :ROFLMAO:

/ Front Axle Filler Plug Size (socket to use) #7  
I would actually appreciate a Branson hat😁

Brother, I don’t think they have a appropriate hat for where you live. I seem to remember it being so cold there that steel becomes brittle. ;)

I received a couple of Branson caps when I bought mine. They're truckers caps (mesh back)... definitely not the best headwear for Talkeetna.

/ Front Axle Filler Plug Size (socket to use) #8  
I finally confirmed what wrench it uses for the front axle dipstick and it's indeed a 27 MM wrench.

Oh and little tip, even though it uses a big wrench, it doesn't need to be crazy tight, just snug. There is an O-ring that does the sealing between the dipstick plug and the casting which tends to get stuck on the casting.

Last edited: