Front mount snow blade

/ Front mount snow blade #1  

billkater

Bronze Member
Tractor
New Holland 1715
Here are some pictures of my truck mounted snow plow I converted over to a FEL mounted one.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Now I need to get the wire wheel out. Clean it up and paint it blue.

/ Front mount snow blade #2  
Innovative approach with the top link to adjust the blade. Looks like you are using the curl function to angle the blade?

/ Front mount snow blade
I thought that with the top link you could apply down preassure to the blade.

Yes, since I did not have any remotes I thought that the curl function would work just as well. Just have to hook hoses up correctly so pushing lever right makes it go right, and left moves left.

/ Front mount snow blade #4  
good job:thumbsup:

/ Front mount snow blade #5  
Nice job on your fabracation,compact,well thought out.You are rigid so you will have to "float" the FEL.I copied another's and let the plow float with pivot points and a chain lift.Yours should work well.
Let us know how well it works.

/ Front mount snow blade #6  
Very Nice and I like the design. I could not figure out the center link deal but after looking at the picture a little closer......COOL.

/ Front mount snow blade
Very Nice and I like the design. I could not figure out the center link deal but after looking at the picture a little closer......COOL.

I am glad you like it.

Had to have a way to lift the front of blade. Thought a center link would be better than a chain since I could put some down pressure on the blade if needed. And easy to change the angle of attack if needed.

/ Front mount snow blade #8  
At first I did not notice the bucket roll cylinders were not attached.

/ Front mount snow blade #10  
Thanks for posting this solution. I have a blade that I've been wanting to attach in place of my loader bucket, but I haven't taken time to figure out how yet. I may borrow your top link idea. I really like that.

I also like the power angle. I'd have to engineer it differently as I only have one cylinder for the curl function.