Front mount snow blade

/ Front mount snow blade #11  
Interesting solution to not having an extra set of remotes, but I don't see how you could pile snow well since you basically can't change the angle of the blade through the loader's range of motion.

/ Front mount snow blade #12  
Any concern that when angled and pushing a large pile of snow (or hitting a stump, curb etc) that the loader arms will be bent to the side? There is really no lateral support on loader arms.

/ Front mount snow blade #13  
Any concern that when angled and pushing a large pile of snow (or hitting a stump, curb etc) that the loader arms will be bent to the side? There is really no lateral support on loader arms.

That's like asking the Ford/Chevy question! Some say yes, some say no...has been debated MANY times!

/ Front mount snow blade
The cylinders on my blade are one way. You should have no problem if yours are also. Just put quick connects on your single and on the blades and all you will need is a short jumpers hose for each cylinder that way.

/ Front mount snow blade #15  

I too have been thinking of something similar. I have a broken 7-foot rear blade laying behind the barn that I plan to modify to use during the winter as a replacment for my FEL bucket. I don't care that I can't angle it it left or right. I just want to be able to do final cleanup by pushing snow forward, and then moving it up onto a pile, or moving the whole pile bull dozer style.

My concern is damaging the FEL arms if I hit something nasty. (That is how the rear blade got broken -- a healthy stump, cut to ground level at the edge of the driveway, snagged the blade.) The name-brand blade was rated at 50 hp, but a 25 hp tractor managed to rip the blade cleanly away away from the 3-point frame.

Ideas and opinions?

/ Front mount snow blade #16  
Looks good-nice and compact. I assume you are going to use only one of the bucket dump cylinders? The plow has single acting cylinders-your loader dump cylinders are double action correct-so you will have to position the one dump cylinder you don't use so it it not doing damage when you activate the valve.

Also I believe you need a cross connection valve so when you hit an object, the cylinders relieve themselves without doing damage. I rigged up an old Meyers truck plow on my JD 3320 that had a third valve. much easier as you are only dealing with two hoses from the control valve vs the four you are contending with- see attached.

Attachments

• JD3320SnAtt1088.jpg
    JD3320SnAtt1088.jpg
    96 KB · Views: 685
   / Front mount snow blade #17  
Are the roll cylinders still connected? Or are they disconnected?
A picture of the hydraulic connection would help me understand it a lot better.

/ Front mount snow blade #18  
That's like asking the Ford/Chevy question! Some say yes, some say no...has been debated MANY times!

So, that must mean that there is concern! I've found that I'm almost never concerned until after I've broken something once.:laughing:

Oh, I have 5 fords, one chevy, two japanese and one oldsmobile, but my boat has a 350 4bolt so maybe I have 2 chevys?:confused2::laughing:

/ Front mount snow blade
My concern is damaging the FEL arms if I hit something nasty. (That is how the rear blade got broken -- a healthy stump, cut to ground level at the edge of the driveway, snagged the blade.) The name-brand blade was rated at 50 hp, but a 25 hp tractor managed to rip the blade cleanly away away from the 3-point frame.

The blade is spring loaded. If it hits something hard it will fold over. Most truck mounted blades are this way.

Are the roll cylinders still connected? Or are they disconnected?
A picture of the hydraulic connection would help me understand it a lot better.

Both roll cylinders have been disconnected. I ran 2 separate hoses from the control valve (where the quick connects are) to the blade. The cylinders on the blade are single action, so one hose connected to one cylinder, the other hose to the other cylinder.

Interesting solution to not having an extra set of remotes, but I don't see how you could pile snow well since you basically can't change the angle of the blade through the loader's range of motion.

My dad always had a truck mounted blade that he did parking lots with. He could pile snow higher than the truck with no problem.

/ Front mount snow blade
Looks good-nice and compact. I assume you are going to use only one of the bucket dump cylinders? The plow has single acting cylinders-your loader dump cylinders are double action correct-so you will have to position the one dump cylinder you don't use so it it not doing damage when you activate the valve.

Also I believe you need a cross connection valve so when you hit an object, the cylinders relieve themselves without doing damage. I rigged up an old Meyers truck plow on my JD 3320 that had a third valve. much easier as you are only dealing with two hoses from the control valve vs the four you are contending with- see attached.

Red Horse, by mounting your blade way out front like that, didn't it make it alot heavier too lift? I thought about something like that but figured being stretched out so far would cause my rear of the tractor to be lite. And cause it to bounce alot when blade was not down.