frozen clutch

/ frozen clutch
Welcome Blake. Assuming you mean clutch won't release when pedal is depressed. So that you know what caused this,the clutch disk is stuck to friction surface of pressure plate by rust. Some people pull a plow while holding pedal down and others load clutch in other ways. If the operator is highly experienced operating tractors,that works. It is dangerous for casual operators so i reccomend a more time consuming but much safer method. Start by putting shifter in high gear,tie pedal down into fully depressed position then using a rear wheel rock tractor hard as you can. Leave pedal tied down and sometimes plate will pop loose in a few days but each time you walk by,rock tractor to see if has released and if not,rocking might cause it to. If you run out of patience,leave pedal tied down and remove inspection plate beneath flywheel if tractor has a plate. If no plate,remove starter and work through hole to pry plate loose. DO NOT PUT ANY KIND OF OIL<SOLVENT OR ANYTHING ELSE ON OR NEAR CLUTCH.
I bout some kerosene do you think that would work

/ frozen clutch
Absolutely not! It might desolve a bit of rust but will ruin the clutch plate.
oh well im goign to do some resche

/ frozen clutch #15  
Better yet, chain it to a stout tree with some slack in the chain, put it in high gear, depress the pedal, hammer the throttle and hang on. When it gets to the end of the chain, something will give, one way or another.
One steering clutch is frozen on my TD-9 dozer. Some wise old operators (two of them) suggested soaking the entire thing in diesel fuel, by plugging the drain hole and filling the cavity. Then occasionally moving the dozer forward and back to cause the clutch to stop in a different place.

After a while, it's time to chain it to a tree and try the exact method above. I've done some checking around and this method has maybe a 50/50 chance of working.

/ frozen clutch #16  
I have to say the 'Englishe' on this thread is horrible.
Da sa diffunt pots da cunntree ez dieletions butt I talkum mall.

/ frozen clutch #17  
One steering clutch is frozen on my TD-9 dozer. Some wise old operators (two of them) suggested soaking the entire thing in diesel fuel, by plugging the drain hole and filling the cavity. Then occasionally moving the dozer forward and back to cause the clutch to stop in a different place.

After a while, it's time to chain it to a tree and try the exact method above. I've done some checking around and this method has maybe a 50/50 chance of working.
Had an old Massy 1086 that the clutch rusted to the pressure plate on and I did the stout tree method I posted above. Worked like a charm but the whiplash is pretty severe. Always chain to the drawbar and nowhere else and use high test (Grade 100) chain.

/ frozen clutch #19  
Neither am I but I do have a built in spell checker if I want to use it.

I knew what you meant the whole time. Chain it to a tree and drive away with the clutch pedal on the floor.

/ frozen clutch
Absolutely not! It might desolve a bit of rust but will ruin the clutch plate.
I found an article that says brake clean works