Fuel pump issue

/ Fuel pump issue #1  

jbak

Tractor
new holland tc35d
Thanks in advance for any advise, I have a 2001 NH TC35D and been having trouble getting fuel to the injectors. Sometimes it would start and sometimes not. Thinking it might be the fuel pump I by passed the pump with a low pressure 12 volt pump. It started and ran fine. Now should i leave it or buy a new pump. And if I leave the 12 volt should I remove the old pump and block it off. And does anyone see a problem with using a 12 volt pump and bypassing the old one. I don't want to screw something up.

/ Fuel pump issue #2  
First check to see if fuel is glowing from the fuel tank if
not chean out the fuel tant if OK then go to the next step
Have you tested to see if your getting fuel to the injectors??
If not test to see if you are getting fuel to the filter if yes then
your filter needs changing

willy

/ Fuel pump issue #3  
The electric pump should be fine. As far as leaving the old pump in place, it won't hurt.

/ Fuel pump issue
Thank you Willy,
I have checked fuel flow from tank to filter, good flow. Changed filter. Tried to bleed, no fuel coming out of bleed screw. Removed hose going in to the bleeding screw, no fuel coming out of that hose. thats when I suspected the fuel pump and bypassed the pump with a 12 volt pump and it bleed well and started up and ran good. But my question is will that work or should I buy a new pump (220 bucks at the NH dealer.

/ Fuel pump issue
The electric pump should be fine. As far as leaving the old pump in place, it won't hurt.
Thank you Tractor Tech, that is what I was hoping. I appreciate your reponse. I will cap off old pump and leave it.
Thanks again,
Joe