Fun with the loader tonight - pallet fork test

/ Fun with the loader tonight - pallet fork test #31  
It is not as much about the power as it is the weight.

If we all got together for a "field day" it would turn into a field week.

You would need a crane scale to see who could lift the most.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using TractorByNet

You're not kidding... I can see it as a blast. Good food at the end of everyday!!! Mmmm all day, tractor tractor tractor!!!! :)

/ Fun with the loader tonight - pallet fork test #32  
I read all these post about having rear ballast and all but I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my r4041h because with loaded rears I can max out my loader long before I lift my rear tires! Is this normal?

/ Fun with the loader tonight - pallet fork test #33  
Lol, well, as fun as that would be, I don't think their would be a comparison as TSO has 10 or so more HP. I also think we should develop a "field day" to test various components of tractors.

Such as:
1) get a large dumpster dropped off to see who could reach to dump in there.

2) attach a rotary mower and see how the machines handle them (maybe even various duty rotary mowers). Also a finish mower with variable widths.

3) same goes for pulling different plows

4) compare tire traction in various grounds and various conditions. (Snow on grass or asphalt, loose sand, mud etc.)

5) lifting pallets from the 3pt.

Obviously the list could go on forever and I am sure there are these answers all over the net, but this would be just true fun and real world applications.

That sounds like a fun day. I'm about 90 miles from Almont and I'd love to run my CT335 head-to-head with your GL3540. I looked long at hard at that model when I was shopping 3 years ago. It'd be the tractor I wanted vs. the tractor I could afford.

/ Fun with the loader tonight - pallet fork test #34  
BTW, Great thread:thumbsup:

/ Fun with the loader tonight - pallet fork test #35  
That sounds like a fun day. I'm about 90 miles from Almont and I'd love to run my CT335 head-to-head with your GL3540. I looked long at hard at that model when I was shopping 3 years ago. It'd be the tractor I wanted vs. the tractor I could afford.

It would be loads of fun. I don't take to heart when I lose, now will I gloat to much if I win.... Lol

:-/. Jk..... Swing on by anytime.

/ Fun with the loader tonight - pallet fork test #36  
yes, there quick attach. made by company called quick attach.

they hook on in matter of seconds. i have no way to verify the actual weight except to go off what the company says they weigh. I do know that this company way overengineers all their stuff. This set of forks is built very strong and very heavy duty.

View attachment 348696View attachment 348697
Those are identically made to my 48" ones except my top guard is squared off. Yep ... about 400#.
larry

/ Fun with the loader tonight - pallet fork test #37  
I think anybody with any tractor would be welcome to come by and do the testing with us. if anyone is interested, contact me or Ken and we can try to setup a date.

What we also need to find is a scale large enough to weigh the pallet forks and the pallet itself, to make sure we account for those variables. I'm going to guess that the pallet forks weigh 200 pounds, and another guess that the pallet weighed 40.

those weights need to be considered in the overall lift capacity rating of our test.
A bathroom scale will work. Take the forks off and weigh them, then weigh the frame, then the pallet.

My fork frame is wider and heavier than a standard frame, it weighs 284 lbs.
P6120002.JPG

The forks are taller and weigh 135 lbs each.
P3130014.JPG P6190004.JPG

Thanks for an interesting thread. :thumbsup:

/ Fun with the loader tonight - pallet fork test #38  
I read all these post about having rear ballast and all but I'm wondering if there is something wrong with my r4041h because with loaded rears I can max out my loader long before I lift my rear tires! Is this normal?

What are your tires loaded with? I have rimguard in my 4041 and have had the rear get pretty light with full bucket. Dont think I ever hit relief yet.

/ Fun with the loader tonight - pallet fork test #39  
Sounds like you need to check your pressure relief valve, to see if it is within the rated specification.

Last edited:
   / Fun with the loader tonight - pallet fork test #40  

Did you have the RPM's high enough?