Garage heater

/ Garage heater #31  
I have a Duel Head portable propane heater.. I works great in my 24x32 w/11' ceilings
Turn it on & go to work.. no waiting..
I found it NEW online for 58.00 w/ free shipping..
I clamp it on a gas grill bottle.. very portable to where I'm working..{if I need to move it}
We have more HOT days than cold days, so that's why I decided to go small..

/ Garage heater #32  
I bought a 30,000 BTU ceiling mount natural gas heater when my old floor mount GE heater died. The old GE came used from a store and was way oversized for my 24' x 28' garage, had to have the variable speed blower set at the half way setting or the airflow was uncomfortably fast but recovery time was dang quick.

The smaller ceiling mount is much nice, it's more efficient, and quieter (not that that was ever an issue) and it freed up about 9 ft[sup]2[/sup] of floor room.

/ Garage heater #33  
I have a 150,000 BTU torpedo heater that will have you working comfortably in your T shirt in just a few minutes. I have a thermostat inline on the power cord to make it versatile. I err on the side of caution, to avoid drawing in any combustible fumes I prop the overhead door open about 24" and put it just outside, blowing hot air in. The downside is that it will burn the entire 10 gallon tank in a day, and the price of kerosene is ridiculous. The manufacturer plainly states not to burn diesel fuel in it.

/ Garage heater #34  
I have a 150,000 BTU torpedo heater that will have you working comfortably in your T shirt in just a few minutes. I have a thermostat inline on the power cord to make it versatile. I err on the side of caution, to avoid drawing in any combustible fumes I prop the overhead door open about 24" and put it just outside, blowing hot air in. The downside is that it will burn the entire 10 gallon tank in a day, and the price of kerosene is ridiculous. The manufacturer plainly states not to burn diesel fuel in it.

I have a used 150,000 BTU oil fired hot air furnace in my primary shop/storage building, and have a 150,000 BTU Torpedo heater also.
I do not use either one.
I go to Florida for the Winter!

Last edited:
   / Garage heater #35  
I have a used 150,000 BTU oil fired hot air furnace in my primary shop/storage building, and a 150,000 BTU Torpedo heater also.
I do not use either one.
I go to Florida for the Winter!

That sounds like the best plan for dealing with Winter!

/ Garage heater #36  
I used my Rediheater today to thaw out the concrete lid of my underground pump house. Why can't they use DIESEL?

/ Garage heater #37  
Too dirty supposedly.

/ Garage heater #39  
I'll take any heater over a diesel heater, the smell is too much for me!

/ Garage heater #40  
I burn whatever diesel is in the pump in my 115k torpedo heater. Seems fine to me, but I do crack the garage door abut 4 inches. It runs fine and I have no side effects from it but I only run it to 60 deg or so if I am working out there.

When I ran it to keep water from freezing in the garage I set it to about 50 and shut the doors. Now I hung a ventless wall hung LP heater and the is much easier and quieter and seems to work in our Tennessee climate.