GC1705 Project-additional hydraulics

DL Meisen

Elite Member
Tractor
MF GC1715
That rear install is "clean" I like it... You need to kit it!....Or full document it with valves and hoses and connectors and such...

Dale

Last edited:

OP

07keo02

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF GC1705
Been busy with other stuff but here is the final setup of the rear hydraulic top link. Hard to document now because i had a lot of hose modifications and experiments along the way. The basics are here, and taking off the rops etc is not absolutely necessary. Better to buy the basic setup and measure for hoses where you want to run them. I can't even guarantee the setup would work for all variants in this exact config also.
20210330_224324.jpg

OP

07keo02

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF GC1705
Would fitting in pic below by chance be the "Power" (in) to the 3ph from the FEL "Power Beyond" port?

View attachment 692778

Dale
No it is not. Pretty sure thats the tank line from FEL valve. The PB line is the soft line i showed earlier in the thread that terminates underneath the front of fuel tank. Basically impossible to get to without removing the rops/fenders. You can just tap into each line underneath the tractor though, i just didn't want extra running back and forth with lines.

OP

07keo02

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF GC1705
Hard to see but that fitting back there is where the PB soft line terminates. I removed it completely because mine now runs from my top link valve to this spot.
20210401_152037.jpg

DL Meisen

Elite Member
Tractor
MF GC1715
Up on further looking I believe you are correct, soft line seems to terminate somewhere under tank where there is no access to it unless one remove all the hardware on back of tractor(seat, body, ROPs, tank)..... Guess one could nipple into it but for now seems sort of daunting since need for PB in not really necessary...... Oh well thanks for the help...

Dale

OP

07keo02

Bronze Member
Tractor
MF GC1705
You dont have to remove the tank. You just have to remove seat, rops, grips and rear fender assy. I did put a 3/8 bspp to 3/8 jic adapter there and ran a new hose, but It would be easier to just series into it underneath the tractor where it goes from hard to soft line. This is especially true when you remove the rops twice because the fitting underneath the seat is the only one that decides to leak out of 13 added on the project.

Last edited:

DL Meisen

Elite Member
Tractor
MF GC1715
You dont have to remove the tank. You just have to remove seat, rops, grips and rear fender assy. I did put a 3/8 bspp to 3/8 jic adapter there and ran a new hose, but It would be easier to just series into it underneath the tractor where it goes from hard to soft line. This is especially true when you remove the rops twice because the fitting underneath the seat is the only one that decides to leak out of 13 added on the project.

Ok...Got it.... Thanks

Dale