GC1705 Project-additional hydraulics

/ GC1705 Project-additional hydraulics #21  
That rear install is "clean" I like it... You need to kit it!....Or full document it with valves and hoses and connectors and such...

Dale

Last edited:
   / GC1705 Project-additional hydraulics
Been busy with other stuff but here is the final setup of the rear hydraulic top link. Hard to document now because i had a lot of hose modifications and experiments along the way. The basics are here, and taking off the rops etc is not absolutely necessary. Better to buy the basic setup and measure for hoses where you want to run them. I can't even guarantee the setup would work for all variants in this exact config also.
20210330_224324.jpg

/ GC1705 Project-additional hydraulics #23  
Would fitting in pic below by chance be the "Power" (in) to the 3ph from the FEL "Power Beyond" port?

DSC02251-S.jpg

Dale

Last edited:
Would fitting in pic below by chance be the "Power" (in) to the 3ph from the FEL "Power Beyond" port?

View attachment 692778

Dale
No it is not. Pretty sure thats the tank line from FEL valve. The PB line is the soft line i showed earlier in the thread that terminates underneath the front of fuel tank. Basically impossible to get to without removing the rops/fenders. You can just tap into each line underneath the tractor though, i just didn't want extra running back and forth with lines.

Hard to see but that fitting back there is where the PB soft line terminates. I removed it completely because mine now runs from my top link valve to this spot.
20210401_152037.jpg

/ GC1705 Project-additional hydraulics #26  
Up on further looking I believe you are correct, soft line seems to terminate somewhere under tank where there is no access to it unless one remove all the hardware on back of tractor(seat, body, ROPs, tank)..... Guess one could nipple into it but for now seems sort of daunting since need for PB in not really necessary...... Oh well thanks for the help...

Dale

You dont have to remove the tank. You just have to remove seat, rops, grips and rear fender assy. I did put a 3/8 bspp to 3/8 jic adapter there and ran a new hose, but It would be easier to just series into it underneath the tractor where it goes from hard to soft line. This is especially true when you remove the rops twice because the fitting underneath the seat is the only one that decides to leak out of 13 added on the project.

Last edited:
   / GC1705 Project-additional hydraulics #28  
You dont have to remove the tank. You just have to remove seat, rops, grips and rear fender assy. I did put a 3/8 bspp to 3/8 jic adapter there and ran a new hose, but It would be easier to just series into it underneath the tractor where it goes from hard to soft line. This is especially true when you remove the rops twice because the fitting underneath the seat is the only one that decides to leak out of 13 added on the project.

Ok...Got it.... Thanks

Dale

/ GC1705 Project-additional hydraulics #29  
The GC1705 has been sitting WAY too much since I bought it in 2017 (60 hours). Looked at trading in for a 1725MB but have decided I can get more for my money with DIY mods.

Starting this thread to document progress over the next few weeks but plans are this:

1: SSQA dl95 adapter, mine currently has a pin on bucket. Already ordered this and should have within a week or so. Eventually I will weld on a plate to stock bucket, but this will be lower priority as it doesnt get used much.

2: True 3rd function Solenoid controlled hydraulic valve (HSV) for working a grapple.

3: Coming off the HSV, i will plumb in another handle controlled valve that will be rear remote set for working a hydraulic top link.

4: If this all goes well, and I can afford it....ill likely invest in the Cold Roll Industrial Grapple.

I have been looking for a specific fit hydraulic kit since I bought this, and they just don't exist. I figured, if I can accomplish this, it will be good to document where it may be useful to others. Updates to follow soon.

Thank you @07keo02 - this thread has been very helpful in my pursuit to add rear remotes to my GC1725. The
GC1725 is somewhat different than your tractor as the FEL valve assembly is different and located under
the right fender – but the theory should basically be the same. My objective is not exactly the same as
everything documented in this thread to date: I’m trying to add a set of rear remote valves only (I already have
a 3rd function diverter kit that I’m happy with). My GC1725 has NO BACKHOE as well. I’d like to run a
few things by you and the community to see if I’m tracking everything needed to be successful:

1.) High level system schematic. See attached pictures – just want to make sure I have this right.
The key is that I believe the rear remote should be added in series on the Power Beyond line
between the FEL valve assembly and 3PH. Let know if something is off here.

schematic_remotes.jpg

2.) The P, T, and PB lines coming from the FEL are hard-lines (no soft-line connections like in the
earlier GC1700 series tractors apparently). My thought was replace the entire PB hardline and
insert the rear remotes valves in series. The new lines would all be hoses as that would be
easier for me. I’m not 100% sure which line is the PB line as they’re not labeled. See diagram
from the service manual below. Anyone know which one is the PB? I believe it’s #2, but I’m not sure.

Remote Valve Hardline Routing - marked.jpg

3.) Has anyone confirmed whether this port goes to tank? Alternatively I’m sure I could tee into the
existing tank line, but I’d rather go directly here... one less thing to mess with.

2021-08-30_10-48-06.jpg

2021-08-30_10-48-30.jpg

4.) Does anyone know what threads the P, T, and PB hard-lines are? Are they -06 BSPP on the 1723/1725 series as well?

Thanks again any help!

Last edited: